Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78846 - 01/18/04 08:05 PM Salamander Resort ????
janetdr Offline
Can anyone provide any info on The Salamander resort...I believe it was to open in December 2003???? Has anyone stayed there? Seen it? Know where it is located??? Any info would be great! Thanks!!!

#78847 - 01/18/04 08:18 PM Re: Salamander Resort ????
Pedro1 Offline
It si situated around 11 miles north and it is a very much an adventure4 holiday hotel -it has approx 8 cabanas with a wonderful bar/restaurant-kayaks/surf boards/hobie and wind surfers are the activities of choice not excluding diving and fishing

#78848 - 01/18/04 10:10 PM Re: Salamander Resort ????
janetdr Offline
What exactly do you mean by adventure4 holiday hotel? Is it near any other resorts? 11 miles isn't really far, but am I correct in believing that the majority of hotels are less then half that from town?...making it way out there????

#78849 - 01/22/04 04:51 PM Re: Salamander Resort ????
sweets Offline
i've heard they are really nice but maybe unorganized. i know some people that stayed there and they didn't have any phone numbers to get ahold of them. they have to pick up all their guests because its so far. island ferry doesn't go that far either.

#78850 - 01/22/04 07:36 PM Re: Salamander Resort ????
awhitty Offline
I've talked a few times now with Alan over email. They are on satellite for email and it's apparently a little unreliable. I think we are going to stay there at least for a night. They do have their own boat and they will take you to or from the city for a fee. I believe transporation to and from the airport is included in the room rate. They said you can also take a water taxi up there.

#78851 - 01/22/04 11:45 PM Re: Salamander Resort ????
janetdr Offline
Awhitty...when are you going to Belize..if you get to, or stay at the Salamander...PLEASE write a report about it...the place looks great, but I can't get any answers from them...and not much from the board.

#78852 - 01/23/04 02:41 AM Re: Salamander Resort ????
Short Offline
I've been there and it is wonderful! An adventure resort; you are 4-5 miles from the closest resort; nothing but nature and jungle there.

Beautiful restaurant, needs some more furniture, but I'm sure that's done by now. Bar with ocean view, massage Tipi. Obviously good fishing up there, diving, windsurfing, surfing, Hoby cat and kayaks.

They don't have telephone, because they are out of reach for wireless telephone, but they have Satellite Internet. Electricity is generated by solar panels and one wind turbine.

In Short an adventurers resort.
Live and let live

#78853 - 01/23/04 08:17 AM Re: Salamander Resort ????
seashell Offline
Short, did you stay there? For how long?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#78854 - 01/24/04 12:39 AM Re: Salamander Resort ????
Short Offline
Seashell, I visited them, about 2 weeks ago, for about 3-4 hours. Had 2 tours around the resort (1 from each partner). Then went back home.
Live and let live

#78855 - 01/24/04 01:41 AM Re: Salamander Resort ????
Chloe Offline
Question, is this resort at Basil Jones. or just before Basil Jones?
Dare To Deviate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.