Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78873 01/19/04 06:47 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Leaving for my FIRST VISIT on January 28. How excited am I?!?! So excited, I've already started packing! I noticed in my travel docs that the island hopper flight has a 40 lb. luggage restriction. Does that include both checked luggage and hand luggage? Can you pay for overage, or do I have to leave half my books and all of my tunes at home?

Hi Sally!
Dan and I are fighting about that at this moment... lol
He says NO limit, I thought it was 40 or 60 each.
Hummmm, ya Just might want to do the US restrictions ta be on the safe side if you don't want to e-mail Maya or Tropic to get the facts.
Have a great trip!

Sally, the island hopper flight is a small plane. So your "checked" luggage is just about everything that doesn't fit on your lap or in the small space at your feet. Depending on the amount of luggage your entire flight has - you may find that your luggage arrives separately on a different flight than yours. It all works in the end -- the airline will deliver your luggage to your hotel if in fact it didn't come with you. This happens more often than not, since there are many passengers with their scuba equipment. No worries Mon - you be in paradise!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Hi Sally, we are leaving in 11 days. Checking our documentation for Tropic, it states 2 checked bags per passenger, 70 lbs. A bit ambiguous, is that 70 total or 70 each? Don't really know. My wife and I get by with just a dive bag and one suitcase, neither of which hits 70 pounds, so it has never been an issue with us. We have had to wait a few hours for the odd bag, but I've never seen anything left behind. Tropic has always been reliable for us.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
KBG Offline
Bobber,
Island or Tropic, they are very accomodating, if you have tooooo much for the flight yor are on they will send it on their next flight or even on the competitors flight in a few minutes, you can will get laugh laugh it soon or they will deliver to your room possibly even before you check in. This is the islands, chill and it will get there. GO TO BELIZE SOON BEFORE TOOOOOO MANY TOURIST.

The luggage/weight restrictions are not about money (paying extra for more luggage) they are about the plane getting off the ground. Your luggage will get there sooner or later, but there is no compromise if the overall weight of people and cargo is more than the wings can lift. Been there, done that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,469
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.