Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bintipa Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi again,

I'm planning to fly into San Pedro on Sunday afternoon, Feb. 1st (yeahhhh) from Corozal. However, since I'm busing down from Playa del Carmen that morning, and have to fiddle with getting over the border and such, I'm not exactly sure how long that will take, so I'm a bit hesitant to make a reservation that I may miss.

So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if those flights are generally full, or if they generally have an extra seat or two if somebody shows up at the last minute at the airport in Corozal ?

Any insights greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cheers -- bintipa

You can figure about 4 1/4 hours from Playa to Chetumal, then 1 1/2 to 2 hours making the connection to Novelo's, crossing the border and getting to the Corozal airstrip (the bus will drop you at the airstrip.) If you're going during Daylight Savings Time periods, you'll gain an hour going into Belize, because Quintana Roo state observes Daylight Savings while Belize does not.

I don't think flights are usually full, but I'm sure it can vary. The airlines switch types of places (small or supersmall) depending on demand.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Unless you take the early early early bus (5:30 a.m.) from Playa Del Carmen. You will barely make it across the border and to the airstrip in time to catch the last flight from Corozal to San Pedro UNLESS you cab it across the border once you get to Chetumal. In my recent experience there was a pretty big gap between when my buc came into Chetumal and left for Corozal, and I just barely made it to the airstrip (10 minutes to spare) Next time I go up there, on my return I'll cab it across and avoid all the waiting around.
--Lee
www.caribbean-colors.com
www.cybercayecaulker.com

D
D
the last Maya Island Air flight from Corozal to San Pedro is at 5:00pm.

You might just want to book your flight just so you know your seat is secure.

silkpainter has probably done this trip more times than I, but I can't imagine it taking 11 hours to get from Playa to the Corozal airstrip! Heck, I've made it all the way to Belize City in less time than that.

It's only a little over 4 hours from Playa to Chetumal, and there are buses leaving from there to Belize City via Corozal Town every hour or so. Usually the border crossing and the 9 or 10 miles into Corozal takes less than an hour. As noted, the last flight to San Pedro is about 5 p.m. With any luck you could make the 2:30 (or so) flight.

And, again, if going in the spring or summer you gain an hour when crossing into Belize.

You could take a taxi from Chet to the Coro airstrip, but it's pretty expensive -- US$30 I think is the current going rate.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I stopped flying on Maya Island a few years back when I had a couple of close calls in a row (or what I would consider close calls, the pilot wasn't upset at all, but I was).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.