Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We will be staying a week in April at Costa Maya Reef Resort. After reading some of the posted messages I am getting nervous that her and her friend won't have much to do. My husband and I dive, but these kids want to party!!! Is it safe for them to go back and forth to San Pedro alone? Are we close to other resorts?

S
S
Your resort is way north of downtown San Pedro. There are some resorts south of yours but the action will vary.

My 18 year old son will be my next travel companion to AC, and I think he will not be disappointed or bored. It's all about attitude, which for that age group, is hard to guage.

Jeff

I would consider a place in town as Costa Maya is way north and isolated

S
S
This is a test to see if this works. These are pics from my bike ride north of the cut. Examples of the cart road. And one of Meghan at your resort. Not 56kb friendly. Jeff

http://home.comcast.net/~jspecv/PICT0075.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~jspecv/PICT0073.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~jspecv/PICT0026.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~jspecv/PICT0030.JPG

Works great (I'm on dial up but I've learned to be patient).

OP Offline
i looked at these and your other pics! great photos. My daughter saw the road and said to bring on the golf cart..... Is that the only road to the Costa Maya? If so I guess we will need to rely on the water mode of transportation, eh? Do you have any pics of the resort itself?

OP Offline
didn't get the pic of meghan at the resort...

S
S
I have only two other photos of the resort. One of the pier and another of us throwing pieces of coral into the water.

Since carts are not cheap. You might just take the water taxi to town and rent from there. I've not stayed north of the cut so you may need to repost a specific question to the forum with that question. Electric carts only go so far. Maybe the resort has a charger or even some carts. I've only taken the beach road up to your resort. I can't commment on the state of the back road all the way up.

Funny story. As Meghan Andrew and I walked around the resort. We spoke of how cool it would be to live at a resort like this and which house we would live in (that one for me, that one for James, that one for Grant, that one for Andrew...)

Corrected the link to Meghan at the resort. Typo problem by me. I'm glad I could help.

specv, glad you guys had such an awesome time and that you came back here and shared it with us in prose and pictures.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

D
D
hey, just got back from costa maya yesterday!!!!
the resort is way out north ,like the last one to the north, the resort needs some improvements--the beach has a lot to disire, no real swimming area, pool is very small, rooms have little if any cooking stuff,pot or pans and not many dishes.the golf carts are gas(about 100.00us a day to rent)we did one day it was a blast --trails are muddy and not marked well for night carting.(the carts have lights)grocery stores are all in town --7 cart miles away or 7 boat miles away:boat goes to town at 8am 11am 2pm 6pm and 9pm returns about 8:30am 11:30am 2:30pm 6:30pm and 930pm---good luck ---david of ct

david l gauvain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.