Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#79249 - 01/26/04 09:44 PM Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
Tania Offline
Hi all ... we are leaving for Belize next month and will be there for Valentine's Day smile . Coming in from the US, can we bring a bottle of champagne or wine?

Not sure if it can cross over through customs ...

Many thanks (sorry for the dumb question),

#79250 - 01/26/04 10:27 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#79251 - 01/27/04 05:58 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
The Belize Customs Declaration form you fill out when you enter Belize states:

"As an arriving passenger, you are entitled to the following exemptions:

1. A. Wearing apparel, jewelry, Toilet Requisites and any portable articles in your accompanied baggage or on your person, which you might reasonably be expected to carry with you for your own regular and private use.

2. B. If you are 18 years or older -- and not returning from a visit to a neighboring Border Town or City -- One litre total of wine or spirits and 250 grams of tobacco or 50 cigar or 200 cigarettes."

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#79252 - 01/27/04 06:32 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
KathyA Offline
I took two litres of Absolut AND a small bottle of vermouth. I do love my martinis! I know I was over the limit but I figured the worst thing they could do was take it from me. I had read premium liquors were very expensive but I have since read that they are not THAT much more expensive. In other words, don't torture yourself by carrying a litre of vodka in your carry-on to save a few $$$. I couldn't tell you the exact difference...maybe somebody else can.

#79253 - 01/27/04 06:40 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
Catatonic Motivator Offline
I think Lan's the authority and whoever that is above me (I forgot when I hit 'reply') is correct.

However, also note:

3. C. Any outside person (or persons) of known or unknown origin, when bringing alcohol for consumption across the borders of Belize or Nebraska, must bring enough for everyone. wink
* I Go Pogo *

#79254 - 01/27/04 07:06 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
KathyA Offline
Well, Catatonic Motivator, I was traveling with a group of 10 people and yes I did share. The owner of the villa we rented suggested that we all bring a litre of our favorite to stock the bar so it wouldn't have to come out of our grocery fund. That whole situation is another story...but let it suffice to say that I was glad I did because only one other person brought anything. And the ones who didn't were the very ones to complain about the grocery bill although they were very happy to eat/drink what Maria generously served up.

#79255 - 01/27/04 07:15 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
bill b Offline
aside from the higher price are spirits like absolut, grey goose or bombay safire available

#79256 - 02/12/04 05:29 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
papa D Offline
does any store carry crown royal?

#79257 - 02/12/04 05:40 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
f095 Offline
Do they carry johnny walker?

#79258 - 02/12/04 06:05 PM Re: Bringing alcohol into Belize?!
Bobber Offline
Just for grins, I checked some of the booze prices in the Island Market. Just the ones I was interested in of course. $40BZ for a 750Ml bottle of Stoli or Absolut.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.