Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#79769 - 02/05/04 05:20 AM Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Angelo Offline
I'll be in AC for my first trip April 10th to the 18th and am wondering if anyone else on this board is going to be there. I'm traveling solo and was hoping to meet some people to hang out with at night or otherwise. I'm also going to be fly fishing for Tarpon, Bones, and Permit and have a guide booked for two days if someone may be interested in sharing.

#79770 - 02/05/04 02:00 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
I was in SP last year over Easter. Just be ready for a lot of people for the weekend. Lots of folks come from the mainland Also, most things shut down on Sunday, but generally reopen around 6:00 PM. Banks will be closed on Monday as well, so be prepared. The weather is really good that time of year.

#79771 - 02/05/04 03:23 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Angelo Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by dogmatic prevaricator:
Also, most things shut down on Sunday, but generally reopen around 6:00 PM. Banks will be closed on Monday as well, so be prepared.
Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind. I'll have to rent a Kayak and bike to keep me busy Sunday while everything's closed. Do the dive and snorkel operators shut down in AC on that weekend as well?

#79772 - 02/05/04 05:01 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
Just check with the dive operators, as all business establishment are not closed on Sunday.

#79773 - 02/05/04 08:14 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Barnicle Brad Offline
A group of 12 will be there the 11-16. All first time visitors and staying at the Sunbreeze. We will be easy to spot...one guy in our group is 4'11' tall and another is 6'10" tall.....Looking forward to the Belikens, diving, lobster fishing with Bicho and a trip to the Turneffe Elbow with Amigos Del Mar. If anyone want to join us for the Turneffe Trip, we need a few others to get the "Big Boat" on Saturday the 14th. Contact Amigos Del Mar and tell them you are with the Conkey party to reserve a spot..

#79774 - 02/06/04 01:34 AM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Angelo Offline
Cool. I don't know about the Turneffe trip, as I'm actually going to be taking my certification training down there, but I'll definitely try to catch up with you. What's the deal with lobster fishing? I'm going to be fly fishing mainly, but that sounds pretty cool. I thought lobsters were out of season at that time. I'm going to be at Banana Beach myself. I'll log the party name in my notes and see if I can run into your party while I'm there.

Angelo

#79775 - 02/07/04 06:49 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
captjeff Offline
angelo as you seem to have done your homework and researched almost everthing on sanpedro you missed the best day !!!!!!the lobster season is over on feb 15,last day ???what brad was referring to was himself and his crew have hired capt bicho,fishingsanpedro.com he is a fishing guide the best one here in my eyes and have planned a special afternoon of fun ,no fishing just snorkeling and is taking them out to the lobster grounds in hopes they can catch some lobsters with them for fun ,as a backup bicho also has 200 lobster traps between here and cayecaulker so if they are not so good in finding the elusive creatures he will make it happen by getting his sons to dive with them getting them all they want!!!!! then wisking the group to the beach for the famous all they can eat grill!!!! as he does his great beach lobster bbq feast !!!!and you get to eat lobsters as much like !!!! people eat this food like it was there last meal... you can eat and drink till you blow up.. lots of different goodies with coleslaw / home made fresh soft tortiallas . slice potato made with a secret sause fresh veggies // all the trimmings plus lots of lobsters cooked butter and basted with also a special sauce and yummy desert if you have any room ?? any way thats the real deal !!!!! tight lines ,good fishing live the dream and enjoy

#79776 - 02/07/04 10:29 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Barbara K Offline
Can Bicho catch/serve Lobster even in the closed season (Feb - June)?

#79777 - 02/08/04 02:17 AM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
Barnicle Brad Offline
Thanks for the great lead on Capt Bicho, Capt. Jeff!!! Your mouth watering description has us counting the few days till we reach your favorite Island!!!!!!

#79778 - 02/08/04 05:36 PM Re: Anyone going to be in AC 4/10 - 4/18?
captjeff Offline
feb 15 last day after that season closed ???????????????????????? what some locals do is another topic ...but the season is closed till june !!!!!law says then no lobster should be taken by anybody ,there is a fine$$$ ??????????????????? also brad ...... when you go with capt bicho try not to eat to much lobster it may effect your diving you may develope lobster butt and cause you to sink to the bottom , have a fun afternoon I hope you have calm seas and good weather >>>> enjoy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Shyboy), 46 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.