Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#80042 - 02/10/04 01:12 AM Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
dscallah Offline
First time to add to forum, but with 4 wakeups to go and several people on that are staying at BB I thought I would say hi.
This forum is very helpful and has answered a lot of questions I've had. I kind of feel like I've already been there.
We were late getting reservations and will have ocean view the first 4 nites but will have to move to one of the BB apts for the last 3 nites. Does anyone have any information bout the "apts"?
The BB website has very little about them and I don't know if they are across the steet or part of the main building.
No, we have no connection to Canada. We are from the St Louis area, home of the "RAMS"!!!
Looking forward to geeting away from the snow,ice and cold weather. 108 hours till our first flight takes off and counting down.
Don and Sue

#80043 - 02/10/04 01:26 AM Re: Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
mikell Offline
hi don and sue...

won't hold it against you that you have no canadian roots! wink we will be arriving the day before you leave so our paths may not cross...but i trust you'll have a great time as you no doubt anticipate from all the great reports. smile

#80044 - 02/10/04 10:23 PM Re: Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
Barbara K Offline
The apts are part of the main resort, in the new building, but toward the street side, not the beach side. Very nice as are all the suites at BB. I would bet after the first few nights you won't mind the location a bit. Same great staff, amenities, etc - just not the oceanview directly out front! Closer to the bar however! wink Have a great trip!

#80045 - 02/10/04 10:46 PM Re: Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
ACbound Offline
We will be in Banana Beach Feb. 19-25, our first trip as well. Looking forward to it, as I've heard nothing but great things from this fourm. 9 wake ups left for me smile

#80046 - 02/11/04 06:02 AM Re: Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
quitecontrary Offline
Hey don and sue,

just got back from 10 days at BB. We had one of the beachfronts, which was marvelous. Never needed the AC because of the breeze. But we also discovered that the regulars usually go poolside, partly to economize and partly because you spend most of your time outside the apartment anyway.

Have a great time.

quitecontrary

#80047 - 02/11/04 12:14 PM Re: Banana Beach 2/14-2/21
o jackie Offline
This last time I stayed in an apartment, that would be after trip number six to the island-five to Banana Beach and in four different room types. The apartments are very nice, they have very spacious bedrooms with king size beds and large kitchens. In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any room choice at Banana Beach.

Jackie

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 95 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.