Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80788 02/20/04 05:13 PM
OP Offline
Arrive on Friday late afternoon, after getting settled into Coral Bay Villa's we went to town, met Island Dog on our way, what a nice guy. Had supper at Caramba's (not overly impressed), but by chance met Badco!
On Saturday ~ we went fishing w/Capt. Bicho, what a treat this was, I caught a 4' Barracuda! We also caught grouper/red snapper/yellow snapper/gar/more barracuda. Jr. got us about 8 Lobster for the 2 of us! Capt & Jr are truly wonderful tour guides, and cook! OMG it was to die for, best meal we had. Plus Capt. cleaned up the rest of the fish and sent it back w/us, which we took to Taste Of Thailand on Monday and Tippy cooked it 4 different ways for us, couldn't eat it all so Tippy boxed it up and sent it back w/us and John being the sweetie he is gave us a ride back to Coral Bay. Tippy is also an excellent cook (best restuarant meal we had). Went to Fido's and enjoyed listening to Catagory X (good band)met Pedro1 and Steve tonight, had a little too much to drink ~ hubby cut me off so we went back to Coral Bay.
Sunday we went to BC's (wonderful ribs) and had the BBQ, Badco was there and also met DOCRON. Couldn't find any other boarders. So went shopping!
Monday ~ we went diving w/Amigo's Del Mar, was very impressed w/their operation. Tony took good care of me as I'm a new diver. Saw a Sea Turtle/Shark/Trumpet Fish/etc.
Tues.~ we went to Caye Caulker for the day, met Lee (Silkpainter) very nice lady and originally from close by where we live! Had lunch at Rasta Pasta, very good food,I had Jerk Chicken/Glenn had Chicken Sandwich. Marilyn wasn't there on this day.
Wed. ~ Went diving again w/Amigo's and Tony is still watching out for me very closely, feel really comfortable knowing he's there. Went to Mickey's for the burrito only to find that it's for lunch only and they weren't open for supper yet, so went to the old Jam Bel Jerk Pit, had a very good meal again. Lobster & Fish Combo w/a Jerk Firextingisher!
Thurs. ~ Went to George's Kitchen for breakfast, had an american meal, very good food again. We just laid around the beach today, soaking in the rays, found Island Dog and bought some pics from him, had a couple drinks at Crazy Canucks and ordered Pizza for supper from Pepperoni's. Good pizza!
Friday ~ went diving again w/Amigo's again, then layed around, went to town, and had supper at the Lion's Club BBQ. Chicken/Baked Beans/Coleslaw all for $7 BZ! We also had the Mannally's Ice Cream tonight, I had the Papya and hubby had Belizian Fudge. Both were good! Picked up a golf cart tonight and did a bit of sight seeing.
Saturday ~ breakfast at Estel's breakfast burrito's and fry jacks are both good. We went North of the Cut today. Spent some time at Belizian Shores, what a lovely place! The restuarant here also has good food also. Came back to the south end and drove around the lagoon area. Was a nice day and got to see alot, would recommend a cart for at least one day! Went back to Fido's and listened to the band Kevin Black for awhile, got hungry and headed for the new JamBels Jerk Pit, wasn't as impressed w/food tonight, but it's late and they'll probably close soon. Time to head back and start packing to go home.
Sunday ~ this is a sad day. Had breakfast at George's Kitchen again, took a last stroll down the beach a last hammock swing and waited for the taxi. As as you can tell I'm back home again and starting to plan next year's trip, which I'm quite sure will be back to AC! We will next time spend a couple of nights on Caye Caulker.
Wish I knew how to post my pics, but I'm computer illiterate! Was one of our best vacations and thanks to everyone that helped me plan it, that is what made it so great!
Coco Loco Lady

Coco
#80789 02/20/04 05:54 PM
Hi Coco Loco Lady,

Thank you and we hope to see you next time.

Tippy.

Tastes of Thailand.

#80790 02/20/04 11:37 PM
Hi, Coco Loco - we're thinking of staying at Coral Bay Villas in June - were you happy with them? Was the location convenient for getting into town to restaurants, etc.? I'd love to hear how you liked staying there - your trip post was great for restaurants, etc. Thanks! Sharon cool

#80791 02/21/04 08:30 AM
OP Offline
OMG forgot to mention that we did a Sunset Sail w/George of Rum Punch II and it was fabulous as well!
Tippy ~ Hope to see you and John again next year w/or w/o more fish! lol You two are the greatest!

stamiya ~ Loved Coral Bay Villa's, if my budget allows a trip back next year we will stay there again. It's more beautiful than the pictures show! It's about a half hour walk by beach into the main part of town, we walked it daily.

Coco
#80792 02/21/04 09:04 AM
Your vacation sounded just great. Thank you for sharing smile

#80793 02/21/04 09:21 AM
Wow, Coco, you sure made the most of your time there! Thanks for the info on Coral Villas. smile

#80794 02/21/04 09:50 AM
Good to hear Georges Kitchen is back in town.
Where is he located now? I'm planning on being there again in May and will use him for breakfasts again. :p

#80795 02/21/04 09:56 AM
E
E
Georges is across from Coconuts, same remolded location where he was some time ago. Richard, are you coming to our Partee ?

#80796 02/22/04 03:07 PM
Yo coco/glenn! Glad you're home safe & I am as well. Missed you last sat. night, couldn't hang the twangy music, but looked for you anyway.Drop me a note with your e-mail address & I'll write you. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.