Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#81016 - 02/25/04 03:14 PM romantic/fun two weeks in AC
angelac Offline
Hi everyone,

my boyfriend and I are going to AC for the first time, march 1st for two weeks, we're in our early 40's...we love to have fun, good food, he plays the piano by ear...he's awsome, his birthday's is march 11th. looking for tips of great things to do during our stay and i'd like to do something SPECIAL for him on his B-day... help!!!

P.S we're staying at the corona del mar

#81017 - 02/25/04 03:39 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
Well, crawl out of bed about 7:30 or so, the sun will be rising nicely over the reef. (Don't worry much about early morning clouds, they generally are gone by 8:30). Have a cup of Helen's coffee on the veranda, stretch a bit and then start on some of Woody's infamous "available all day for the guests" rum punch. I shall guarantee that fun things to do will begin materialize. Or, in a sober moment ask Woody or Helen what they might suggest. They've been there long enough to know pretty much anything that's of interest.

Gonna be REAL tough to find a piano in San Pedro Town. Lots of good places to eat, several fun bars, a smattering of entertainment, but a tad short on the "ivories". Hopefully he has other talents.

#81018 - 02/25/04 03:55 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
angelac Offline
yeah, his fingers have other talents...and it's not picking his nose...I'd like to maybe go to another island for the day ALONE...????

#81019 - 02/25/04 04:26 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Pardon me? :rolleyes:
* I Go Pogo *

#81020 - 02/25/04 04:58 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
angelac Offline
well, besides playing the piano, he paints, cooks, gardens, and rebuilds MGA cars... he's a Capt. with the CDF,(fireman) he was fighting the fires in California all summer...i didn't see him for 3 month, so this is our summer vacation. And we live 5 hours from each other, so we don't get to see each other a lot(big phone bills) he's a great man and these guys don't get paid a lot of money for what they do...risking their lives for others, so I what to do something great for him...on his B-day...I heard you can take a boat to a quite beach and have lunch set-up for you and do some snorkling...sail at sunset...and a romantic dinner somewhere ??? open to any ideas. Thanks,

#81021 - 02/25/04 05:16 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Hmmm. Looks like someone swiped that post up above my previous one. Probably a good idea. wink

Yep, you can get a day trip out snorkeling to quite a few beaches on quite a few islands. There are dozens of charters for such fishing/snorkeling/day on the water trips. You can do whatever you want and have a dandy lunch prepared as well.

Don' worry 'bout a ting, angel. Just check in with your hotel, tell them what you'd like and they'll set you up. Really. It's that simple.

Go up north for dinner to Capricorn or Rendezvous.

Funny story there. We took two other couples up to Rendezvous one night where their claim to fame is making their own wine. We had a couple of bottles then my wife asked for a nice Cabernet. The waiter brought it out and poured her a taste. She approved of it and asked the vintage. He turned the label around to show her an 'N' printed on it. You got it. November, baby. laugh About sixty bucks, as I recall. Grapes are expensive, shipped in.
* I Go Pogo *

#81022 - 02/25/04 05:23 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
KWIBMF Offline
CM, Sorry to leave you in the cold like that. I thought my post was appropriate considering the previous post, but decided to pull it just to be safe.

#81023 - 02/25/04 05:48 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
angelac Offline
Yeah, i'm sure the prices for wine are a bit higher...I live 30 miles from the napa valley...I was thinking about taking a few good wines with me...thanks...Glenn likes rum...he's going to be in heaven.

#81024 - 02/25/04 09:58 PM Re: romantic/fun two weeks in AC
Dan & Jan Offline
angelac. You will have a great time. we will be in on the 6th for a week. It would be great meet up with you and glen. I have been a volunteer fireman/EMT for 25 years and can't imagine what fighting those fires was like. would be interesting hearing some stories over a drink. Will be at BC's on the 7th for sure. Have a great trip.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.