Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81207 - 02/29/04 07:13 PM Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
suntam Offline
After lots of reseach on your forum I am looking at these three possibilities. We want a pretty nice place - not cheap but we want to watch our budget somewhat. We would like a quiet place with a pool and a decent beach. Nice food and tropical drinks at a reasonable price are important too. Friendly staff is important. A place apart from town but with good access to town is good. It would be nice if they provided the golf or shorter walk to town is good - not a huge issue but good to think about. I am open to suggestions of other places. I am looking for the best place at the best price. Thanks!

#81208 - 02/29/04 08:46 PM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
cathy and richard Offline
check out captain morgan's they have a great web site. it is north on the island, but easy to go south

#81209 - 02/29/04 09:14 PM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
dscallah Offline
Check out Banana Beach, 15 min walk to town down the beach, not a lot of traffic on the beach like at the Yacht Club, has a great in house resturant, the breakfast they furnish with the room is good, its clean, friendly and accessable.
Its also resonable. We had a beach view for 7 days at less than $1000. Victoria House looked great but its pricey and another 10 mins to town by foot.

#81210 - 02/29/04 11:19 PM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
suntam Offline
I've heard generally good thing about Banana Boat, but also that its noisy and crowded and lots of kids. Believe me I love kids, but we have 4 so this is our every two year break. How is Banana boat compared to the Palms? We desparately need quiet for a week. Can anyone give more details like I listed above on Xanadu and some more on the Yacht club? Thanks guys!! I'm glad there is a forum.

#81211 - 03/01/04 12:08 AM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
SP Daily Offline
Try doing searches (upper right) on the places that interest you... lots of information!

#81212 - 03/01/04 12:13 AM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
dscallah Offline
Why didn't you say you were trying to get away from your kids, I'd go south, Antartica and I'd go on the "Banana Boat"

#81213 - 03/01/04 12:53 AM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Suntam:

Relax.

Gawd, I've read all your posts and you're waaaay too high-strung for San Pedro. Crime is minimal, you won't find drunks on every corner and the people are as kind as you'll find anywhere.

Relax.

Banana Beach should be fine for you--except I might be there with my (3) kids. We're taking them along...just like we did when we stayed at Xanadu last year. Both are quiet and very nice. Tim's staff at Banana's is wonderful and Ivan and Co. at Xanadu make a smaller but equally accomodating bunch.

We went WITHOUT our kids the first time we went to BB and swore we'd never go without them again.

Relax. Go to any of the places you've selected and you'll be just fine. No one will hassle you and, in fact, you'll be shocked by the warmth you'll experience.

Did I mention that you should relax? wink

#81214 - 03/01/04 01:02 AM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
dscallah Offline
I'm not sure what "utopia" your looking for, we had a wonderful time at Banana "Boat" and there were 2 families with wonderful children and we saw no crime, no hookers, no drugs, no real "spring break" party scene anywhere, damn, I was looking for that. But, watch it at your local airport, we had our car stolen off the park and ride lot while we were gone. So what do you want?

#81215 - 03/01/04 06:28 AM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
suntam Offline
Thanks for your input guys!!

#81216 - 03/01/04 04:50 PM Re: Xanadu, Victoria House, or Yacht Club - Best place Best price!
Redheada Offline
Suntam - if you are going childless - I recommend something north. Captain Morgans is worth checking out. We had the same dilema too. BB looks nice and is reasonable - but pictures posted on the board gave me the impression is it more for families. They are more like condos. That is why we chose CM. Ramons looked nice too and apparently much closer to town, but they did not have the accomodations we wanted (which was beachfront).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.