Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81337 - 03/01/04 03:39 AM Size matters!
SUNSHlNE Offline
I posted a request earlier for info on Mata Chica, Portofino, and Ramon's. I got a lot of info which I am grateful for...honeymoon in August.

The tree-top suites at Portofino are 12 by 24 which sounds great...just wondering about the private cabanas on the beach at Ramon's and the Beachfront Casitas at Mata Chica. Anyone have pics or info?
thanks.

#81338 - 03/01/04 09:36 AM Re: Size matters!
seashell Offline

#81339 - 03/01/04 02:53 PM Re: Size matters!
SUNSHlNE Offline
Thanks so much. I have seen all of the websites, I was just looking for personal pics (especially of Ramon's since they only show partial indoor pics and dont say if it's a room/cabana or what.)
thanks again though.

#81340 - 03/01/04 07:54 PM Re: Size matters!
Phoenix East Offline
Your not gonna get a 10,000 square foot room without paying for it. The rooms are the size you would get anywhere that would have a suite type style. room for a bed, a bathroom, tv, fridge stove depending on what you would want. Theres not a garage though or room for a pool table in the living rooms. Some are very spacious however, with living rooms and a few couches. Its all a "get what you pay for" deal.

#81341 - 03/01/04 10:38 PM Re: Size matters!
Barbara K Offline
The beachfront cabanas at Mata Chica are close to the size of Portofino's Treetops and equally or more "decorated". Ramon's cabanas are a bit smaller (and darker). I have pics of all but my chances of getting them posted here are very small (computer moron)!

#81342 - 03/02/04 12:35 AM Re: Size matters!
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I get confused regarding which are the Treetop suites at Portofino. If they are the "duplex" suites, with two units side by side in a cabana, I'd say Mata Chica's are considerably bigger and more appropriate for a honeymoon, as they are true stand-alone units.

The regular beach cabanas at Ramon's in my opinion aren't as bright and cheerful and classy as those at Mata Chica or the larger units at Portofino.

My bias: All in all, I think the condotels on Ambergris -- Xanadu, Banyan Bay, Banana Beach and others -- offer more space and nicer space, about the same amenities and usually lower prices than most of the regular resorts.

--Lan Sluder

#81343 - 03/02/04 01:25 AM Re: Size matters!
klcman Offline
and could have put a 7' pool table in the L/R at Banana Beach, but why would I? wink

#81344 - 03/02/04 07:59 AM Re: Size matters!
Phoenix East Offline
BB, that is the spot isnt it.

#81345 - 03/09/04 12:02 AM Re: Size matters!
Jack and Rose Offline
I would go to Ramons. Two minute walk to town & all the great restaurants & best of all interaction with the people of San Pedro, which to me what travel is all about.It's your honeymoon!!!!! Go out & have fun everynight,walk around town ,eat in the restaurants not at the resort all the time. The others are further from
town & that cab be a pain in the old butt sometimes. I celebrated my 24th anniversary with my wonderful lady last Monday in San Pedro & it will be one to remember. You have your whole life together if your as lucky as I am.Don't spend the
start isolated far from town,

Best of luck & enjoy.

#81346 - 03/09/04 03:57 AM Re: Size matters!
Barbara K Offline
The "duplex" units at Portofino are the regular beachfront cabanas. The tree tops are up on stilts, and considerably larger and 1 room per cabana.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.