Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#81457 - 03/02/04 02:47 PM Rainforest Trip
goody2shuz Offline
Haven't seen much on the subject under search in regard to a trip to a rainforest. What would you boarders recommend as far as a trip goes where you're sure to experience the Discovery Channel type adventure that this habitat hs to offer. Traveling with kids and would like them to have a great experience since it's the frst time we're traveling to an area close to a rainforest. Wildlife is a big plus...what place would you recommend? And how do we go about getting there from AC? smile

#81458 - 03/02/04 04:53 PM Re: Rainforest Trip
NYgal Offline
Goody, hold still, you are hopping all around in that corner smile

You will need to fly or water taxi to mainland.

You should take a day or two overnight, to really experience it on the mainland. One hit and run isn't going to give you the real feel.

Many people do a 'surf and turf' in Belize.
Taste the land and taste the waters.
How you do it from AC is not something I have never done. We do it the other way around.

Wildlife, go to the Zoo. It's not your typical zoo, the animals are in fenced areas and it's the only way you will actually see them in Belize, unless you do plan to spend some time on the mainland. Jaguars are nocturnal and the birds ( well they are in fence ) are sometimes seen in flight, but not as readily available as some say they are. Make the Zoo one of your trips if you wish to see the wildlife.

Have you already chosen your full trip to be on AC for lodging? If not, make a couple days on mainland. You will be doing yourslef a favor.

#81459 - 03/02/04 05:16 PM Re: Rainforest Trip
Richard Chambers Offline
I highly recommend the Lamamai trip. Providing the kids are old enough to not have to carry!
Take lots of bug spray and sunscreen too. Went with Seaduced in 2000. Great Mayan education adventure. eek

#81460 - 03/02/04 06:39 PM Re: Rainforest Trip
goody2shuz Offline
NY gal..already booked at Banana Beach, thought their might be a day tour such as one that Richard suggests.

Richard...I've seen the Lamanai trip mentioned on this board before and will do a further search to gather more info..thanks

#81461 - 03/02/04 07:53 PM Re: Rainforest Trip
ACbound Offline
We just got back from BB. And book a day trip to do the Jungle Cave Tubing through Monkey Business. We were picked up on our pier at 7:00am, and taken by boat to the mainland. From there you go up river in Belize city for a bit. Then transfer to an a/c van for the drive to Jaguar Paw. We hiked 45 minutes into the jungle and tubed down. They prepared us a fablous lunch after the cave tubing. It was amazing, although we didn't see any wildlife while tubing. The rest of our day was spent at the Belize zoo. Which is beautiful.

#81462 - 03/02/04 09:25 PM Re: Rainforest Trip
klcman Offline
I'd definitely recommend Lamanai, given your time frame and if you are not going to spend mainland time(which I would HIGHLY recommend,btw....the only way to see the real Belize!). Book your trip with Daniel Nunez, Tanisha Tours ( you'll find him on this site or at )http://www.tanishatours.com/index.html) and you'll get a great day on the water (Two rivers and a run across the ocean back to the mainland) as well as jungle river wildlife and the ruins. great day trip and the run back down the river to the ocean is a blast!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dabunk), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.