Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#81557 03/03/04 12:06 AM
ON TAP Offline OP
OP Offline
New to the board. Twenty-two days til arrival. Actually have 3 questions. I have really enjoyed reading this board. Missed it the first month I was checking out the AC web site. 1st question Would like some suggestions on who to use for our diving. Hubby, son & I are novice divers. Younger three children need to take check out dives while we are there. We would all like to dive together nothing to hard at first. 2nd Hubby & boys would like to do some fishing. He says something "big". Should we get Captn Bicho? 3rd Arriving on Wed- any suggestions for a BBQ that night? Thanks lots!!

#81558 03/03/04 01:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Where will you be staying? Most dive centers will do pickups and dropoffs, but it's still more convenient if it's local to your hotel. There are several good operators scattered up and down the main drag.
You'd be best off with a dive center that'll give you a private boat and your own DM for the duration. If you agree, ask for it.

#81559 03/03/04 01:40 PM
ON TAP Offline OP
OP Offline
We are staying at Casa Redondo- Forgot to metion need PADI. I know CR has a dock there.

#81560 03/04/04 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You're quite a long way south of town. Sara who runs the dive shop at Caribe Island Resort ([email protected]) not far away is a PADI instructor and will look after you very well. She may be your best choice because she's about the closest (I think). A couple of miles north you'll find Protech ([email protected]) on the Yacht Club dock, a PADI 5* IDC Gold Palm center with several PADI instructors. They'll pick you up and drop you off each day, and will be able to give you a private boat with your own captain/DM/instructor. They are also a tech dive training center so it's a good place to see beyond the PADI horizon. Another good choice would be Lorne Jackson (not sure of email, phone is 226-3420), who works privately with his wife and daughter, maintains very high standards, and is based somewhere in your area. And there are others.

#81561 03/05/04 12:19 AM
ON TAP Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info Pedro2! smile [/LIST]

#81562 03/06/04 02:14 AM
H
H
Take a look at www.grumpyandhappy.com . a great site.
Lorne and Jolene can take care of you.
They also work with their daughter and Grant.
They work with a lot of families and specialize in the type of service that you look for. They will almost certainly keep you alone on the boat and are flexible with schedules. Their independence makes them easy to deal with.
On their website is a newspaper article about them and also a forum where people have made comment.
Their email is [email protected].

#81563 03/06/04 10:50 AM
ON TAP Offline OP
OP Offline
Highspeed Thanks for the suggestion. Have you used them or know anyone who has?

#81564 03/07/04 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've known Lorne since I first came to Belize and have worked with all of them except Jolene. Even though I'm a competitor I must say they run a superb operation and you'll have a great time with them - very thorough, safe, careful, "customer oriented". They're a small operation (not a dive center) so have an upper limit on numbers, but they do have overflow facilities arranged. If you get Lorne to teach you nitrox I'll get a small piece of the action!

#81565 03/07/04 01:54 PM
OK, P2...so who are you? And are you the nitrox guy? We'd like to dive nitrox while we're there and are going with Amigos.

* I Go Pogo *
#81566 03/08/04 12:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Guilty as charged. Ask Amigos for nitrox and they'll get it for you (from us). Make sure you will be able to analyse it before you dive it - several of our customer dive centers haven't invested in an O2 analyser yet.
For anyone who wants to dive nitrox, we will supply any dive center. If your chosen center doesn't have an analyser you can use you may prefer to get it directly from us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.