Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
Shall I bore you with another sunrise shot from day three? Each day brought a new one�all different�

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9c886b9510000003610[/img]

After another great BB breakfast, we sat on the beach for awhile - fast becoming our morning ritual. A quick swim in the pool to cool off. The pool at BB is very nice�no view of the water like many resorts�but a great place to relax or a quick refreshing dip after snorkeling. It's also a very pretty spot.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9e35876f9770000002610[/img]

My friend Carrie has never tried snorkeling, so we decide that before our BBQ at BC's and her ferry ride back to Belize City, we will initiate her at Ramon's. We walk the beach again and at the pier, we give her a few quick lessons and she's hooked�.has a great first time!

Dry off and over to BC's�place filling up fast�place our orders and try to keep cool in the shade while we wait for our meal. Along comes Bill and Frank - the two guys we connected with from NY/NJ on the message board to share a fishing/snorkeling charter with this week. Also meet KCJD - John from KC and his group. Loved being able to meet a few people from the board.

The food arrives and it's absolutely wonderful! Three of us share two combos - one seafood and one meat�and we can't even finish it all. The sauce for the fish and shrimp is fabulous! I also have my first (and last) Belikin! Had to try one even though I don't like beer - I know, I'm a disgrace to my Canadian nationality! It was actually pretty good since it was cold and I was so hot and thirsty! Here's a the view from a barstool under the roof of BC's...

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9ec85d9d9f90000002610[/img]

Finally have to see Carrie off at the water taxi terminal. She has truly had a great ending to her Central American trip�Ambergris Caye will certainly remain a highlight of her journey�

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd22b3127cceb9f9cffff9b30000003610[/img]

Alan & I decide that we've walked the beach enough for awhile�we grab a taxi back to BB and relax awhile before heading down to El Devino's for supper. Neither of us are very hungry after BC's�but he orders a burger which was very good, and I have the conch ceviche. The heat and all our walking has taken its toll�we retire to our room early with plans to rent a golf cart tomorrow and go sight seeing in style!

And yes�it's Sunday night�and we have cable tv�and I did watch the finale of Sex and the City!!! (with the balcony doors wide open and the breeze blowing in and being very aware of where I was�all the time!)

To be continued�

S
S
VERY NICE MIKELL!!! BRINGS BACK GREAT MEMORIES

Mikell...enjoying your trip reports and soaking up the information since our trip to AC will be in about 31 more days and we'll be staying at BB as well. One question I have is how far a walk is it to Ramon's pier since we enjoy snorkeling....and do they mind you staying attheir beach for the day? Finally got a pic of Pedro thanks to you!!!

mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
the walk to ramon's pier is an easy one...maybe 20 minutes at a very liesurely pace...we always just took our time and we did it several times...stopping to take pictures or sit in a shady spot if we got hot....it's really not that far and you can even see the palapas at the end of their pier from the balconies at banana beach.

no one seems to mind if you go snorkeling off the pier there...it's usually not very crowded...people come and go all day. there's a nice shady, breezy area at the end...and a smaller dock space attached with stairs into the water to snorkel or swim.

the beach in front of ramon's is very spacious...i don't think anyone would mind if you hung out there...a nice restaurant/bar area too when you get thirsty.

one of the things i loved about AC was that there was so much space and room...the beaches were never crowded...there are whole expanses where you won't even see another person...plenty of empty chairs in front of properties if you need a rest on your walks...it's amazing really...i don't think you'd find that on too many other carib beaches.

I am sitting here on the 10th floor of my office building breathing recycled air with umteen tax returns pilling up on my desk and yet......the sun still shines on the beaches of Belize......thanks for the pics!

Peace, waves, solitude on a budget
Thanks again...Mikell. Sounds like exactly the place I wanna be laugh

Mikell, you paint the most beautiful pictures of AC and your vacation. I have been in la la land since the 1st report & pictures. You keep me checking... well, really it's the addiction to the board BUT, anxiously awaiting the next report.

K
K
Hi Mikell! Have you started planning your next trip down?

I enjoy the pixs, ahhhhh, another sunrise. haha, and you didn't miss "sex in the city" finale.....too funny

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.