Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#81760 03/05/04 11:22 AM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey capt. Jeff hows the fishing and don't tell any tall or long tails. I'll be there the day you leave so I will wave as we pass!

#81761 03/05/04 12:49 PM
not there yet leaving sun ,,but spoke to bicho said very windy when they get out it is good to very good ,,,will send report when I get down ,,,go live the dream and fish to the max big guy ...enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
#81762 03/05/04 01:13 PM
Hey Cptn Jeff- My hubby wants to catch "big" fish, I think he would like to try sailfish? Would you still recommend Cptn Bicho for that, or someone else?

#81763 03/05/04 01:36 PM
on tap fishingsanpedro.com is the web site for the famous capt bicho but if you want sail fish ,you will be disapointed !!.he has boats that troll for big fish no sailfish ..he has a boats the flat fish, no sailfish and a reef boat and catch fish one after the other but no sailfish ..reason he likes to give people lots of action ..you could go out 100 times in sanpedro and not catch a sail fish ..just too good fishing for other types of fish .why take people for a boat ride when the ocean is alive with fish ... so plan a special day with him ,and it will be action packed fun,fun,fun,but no sailfish just not around all the time ...go fish your dream and enjoy !!!!!!!!

#81764 03/05/04 02:14 PM
T
T
On Tap, While it is true that a sailfish may be tough to catch in these waters, I have seen them jumping behind our lures, and one year one of our group did catch a small one.(60lbs. or so)That being said, there are plenty of other big species that we catch every year. Capt. Jeff is partially right when he talks about going for a "boat ride" when seeking the "big Ones". You will almost always have to put in more time for the big fish,so it becomes a personal preference as to what you want. Do you want lots of action with the smaller fish or do you want to put in your time and go for a bigun. Also, I have caught some of my best fish while fishing for the smaller ones. The guide I use really likes to go for the big stuff, and he consistently gets me hooked up on some year after year. Check out pix and guide info on my previous post "great fishing in AC". Good luck!! TIMO

#81765 03/05/04 02:22 PM
Timo,
We'll be there in May. We will do some reef fishing but we really want the big ones. Sounds like you had a great guide. Who did you use?

#81766 03/05/04 02:24 PM
Just my imput on bill fishing in Belize. They have an annual bill fishing tournament in Belize in Feb. Last year there were over 20 boats that fished for two and a half days. There was 2 bill fish caught. They were caught by one boat.This year there was one caught. There was another tournament held out of San Pedro in October. There was no bill fish caught. You can do the math. smile

#81767 03/05/04 02:39 PM
T
T
I completely agree with bywarren, odds of billfish being caught are very,very slim, just saying i have seen them. I have however, caught several wahoo, and had areally nice one on this year(made a nice jump),but alas the fish won that battle. Fo95, my guide is Juan Alamilla, (phone# 501-226-2009) e-mail ([email protected]) give him a shout he will definetly hook you up!! Good fishing!! TIMO

#81768 03/05/04 03:16 PM
like capt jeff said !!!I go fishing in sanpedro almost each month I relax, eat great food ,meet wonderful locals catch a ton of fish.. action galore. it does not get any better then here .but no sailfish .not saying you can not catch sailfish here ,but the juice is not worth the squeeze . no sailfish to talk about go reef fishing or troll for big fish ouitside the reef a good bet some big fish such as cobia /wahoo ,tuna /ocean cuda /groupper etc. no sail fish . as my mentor bywarren shared with you there not a hot fish here.. the mexico west coast they catch them one after the other but not here !!!! but this is soooo much better then mexico trust me .. go e mail fishingsanpedro.com and plan a special day with him... for me and lots of other borders who love him think the capt bicho rivero is the best capt and guide and gives them lots of bang for there buck .they have had a truly super day out on the water .and so will you .have fun what ever you do ...

#81769 03/05/04 03:27 PM
Thanks for the infor guys. I'll pass it on to my hubby and let him decide. I know he hates going out and not catching anything but, he should be used to that by now. Can't wait to live the dream!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.