Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#81827 - 03/06/04 02:34 AM The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
diamonddawn Offline
OK..I need to borrow from the wisdom, knowledge, and experience of you boardies. (If buttering you up doesn' work, I'll throw in an ice cold Belikin!)

I'm getting married on AC in April and have still not nailed down a wedding location. We've rented a house (Casa Teresita) on the beach in the Tres Cocos area and will be having dinner afterwards at Capricorn. Kay Scott will be the photographer

My question is: Where would YOU suggest for the location? Since we aren't staying at a hotel, I'm not sure how that would work. I'd like to have some great photos to bring back to our families with lots of water and lush, tropical backgrounds.

Thanks.

#81828 - 03/06/04 03:30 AM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
CHOOCHOO Offline
Just ask Kay. She's done this for a long time and would surely know where the very best photo shoots ala weddings would be. She's taking the pictures and she will be your best source for a location, hands down.

#81829 - 03/06/04 06:13 PM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
Diane Campbell Offline
Contact Iraida Gonzalez at <belizeweddings.com>
Her services are worth every penny.

#81830 - 04/10/04 12:57 AM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
djcritz Offline
My wife and I had quite the opposite experience with Iraida. If you're thinking of using Iraida, please contact us first and we will tell you about our personal experience. djcritz@yahoo.com

#81831 - 04/10/04 11:39 AM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
Now Danny Offline
suggestion for wedding destination: although highly unusual, but very nice, there is a beautiful christin church north of the cut. we found it after stopping at captin morgan's and walking northward on the beach. Like a mirage! we are catholic, however, I am certain any type of service could be held there. The sand and beach up there are great. it is called the Essene. Look it up on google and you will see photos of the property.

Also, along the roadway north of the cut, I saw the most remarkble bougvillia vines the world has to offer. Multi color. I would include photos of the bride and groom with those flowers.

I am a plant and flower lover. However, i prefer my photos with people!

Best of everything. Aunt Jeanne

#81832 - 04/10/04 12:40 PM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
Denny Shane Offline
Well, if a church isn't that important... I figure you could have stayed home to have the wedding inside a church... then you have many options...

I think it boils down to what you like... some people get married right on the beach in front of where they are staying, with their back to the Caribbean... at sunrise... another awesome wedding I saw was a couple that got married at Altun Ha on the grass with the Mayan temple behind them... your options are only limited by your imagination. But don't try to arrange it byself. Go to the experts... there are a few business's on the island that can make all of your arrangements.

You're there to have fun... leave the stress to others. eek

#81833 - 04/10/04 12:45 PM Re: The *Perfect* wedding location-Please suggest!
dbdoberman Offline
have the wedding in your room, you could get straight to the "honeymoon" thataway :p

I agree with ChooChoo, after seeing Kay's photos here, ask her. I think the majority of folks tend to go with her suggestions, and end up with incredible photos. Congrats & enjoy a magical time. smile

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,361 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.