Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
OK..I need to borrow from the wisdom, knowledge, and experience of you boardies. (If buttering you up doesn' work, I'll throw in an ice cold Belikin!)

I'm getting married on AC in April and have still not nailed down a wedding location. We've rented a house (Casa Teresita) on the beach in the Tres Cocos area and will be having dinner afterwards at Capricorn. Kay Scott will be the photographer

My question is: Where would YOU suggest for the location? Since we aren't staying at a hotel, I'm not sure how that would work. I'd like to have some great photos to bring back to our families with lots of water and lush, tropical backgrounds.

Thanks.

Just ask Kay. She's done this for a long time and would surely know where the very best photo shoots ala weddings would be. She's taking the pictures and she will be your best source for a location, hands down.

Contact Iraida Gonzalez at <belizeweddings.com>
Her services are worth every penny.

D
D
My wife and I had quite the opposite experience with Iraida. If you're thinking of using Iraida, please contact us first and we will tell you about our personal experience. [email protected]

suggestion for wedding destination: although highly unusual, but very nice, there is a beautiful christin church north of the cut. we found it after stopping at captin morgan's and walking northward on the beach. Like a mirage! we are catholic, however, I am certain any type of service could be held there. The sand and beach up there are great. it is called the Essene. Look it up on google and you will see photos of the property.

Also, along the roadway north of the cut, I saw the most remarkble bougvillia vines the world has to offer. Multi color. I would include photos of the bride and groom with those flowers.

I am a plant and flower lover. However, i prefer my photos with people!

Best of everything. Aunt Jeanne

Well, if a church isn't that important... I figure you could have stayed home to have the wedding inside a church... then you have many options...

I think it boils down to what you like... some people get married right on the beach in front of where they are staying, with their back to the Caribbean... at sunrise... another awesome wedding I saw was a couple that got married at Altun Ha on the grass with the Mayan temple behind them... your options are only limited by your imagination. But don't try to arrange it byself. Go to the experts... there are a few business's on the island that can make all of your arrangements.

You're there to have fun... leave the stress to others. eek

have the wedding in your room, you could get straight to the "honeymoon" thataway :p

I agree with ChooChoo, after seeing Kay's photos here, ask her. I think the majority of folks tend to go with her suggestions, and end up with incredible photos. Congrats & enjoy a magical time. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.