Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81952 03/08/04 02:56 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Morning everyone,

Thanks for all the news on Ramon's & Banana's and stuff. After looking further I came up with a couple others. I guess I'm a little concerned about Ramon's being too big, kind of looking for a slower pace ???
Has anyone got anything on Hotel del Rio or Coconuts. Their websites provide the basics but I'm looking for someone who has the inside track ???

Thanks everyone !!

-Sidney

I
I
Just returned from Coconuts 2 days ago. What are your interests and what do you want to know?

M
OP Offline
M
Hi there,

Tom & I do a lot of snorkling, kayaking...oh & a bit of drinking (at our hotel though). We're looking for a hotel that's not too big or busy, no more than 2 miles from town. We play out during the day and hang out a bit in town, but mostly just enjoy the beach & pool during the eves. I know Coconuts has a suite, which I was looking at because, we'd like @ least a frdge if not a kitchenette. We'd like to be aable to pick up some groceries in town and maybe some fresh catch from some local fisher guys. Doing it like this has been greeat the few times we've driven our way though Baja...we love to take a few weeks in the summer & kayak in Bahia Concepcion. Any info you have woul really be great.

Thanks !

Originally posted by MissSidney&Tom:
Morning everyone,

Thanks for all the news on Ramon's & Banana's and stuff. After looking further I came up with a couple others. I guess I'm a little concerned about Ramon's being too big, kind of looking for a slower pace ???
Has anyone got anything on Hotel del Rio or Coconuts. Their websites provide the basics but I'm looking for someone who has the inside track ???

Thanks everyone !!

-Sidney
We've stayed at Hotel Del Rio several times. It's really nice. The manager Roberto is very with it, and friendly. The married couple Tomas and Ruth, they take care of the place and do a good job. Being out of the mainstream town, it is usually quiet. They have a long pier jetting into the sea. You can snorkel, swim or fish off it. The cut, or the rio is very close to the hotel, with a water park just south of the cut. Papi's rest., is close, and a wonderful bakery on the corner. The beach Vendors come in every morning and evening hawking their goods, which are clean and delicious ! Of course it is pretty inexpensive. Overall, we have always liked the place. Best-Wishes, mel s......

Mel Sinderman
I
I
You will absolutely love the bar at Coconuts. Has live music once in awhile. Opens at 10:00 am - ???? Say hi to Margie and Carlos. They make great drinks....
The hotel restaurant should be great also. Was closed last week and is due to open this Friday night under new management. Met the owner. She has another place on Caye Caulker that we went over and tried out. Great food, will be called Rasta Pasta. I believe there are 21 rooms there and even when completely full, you don't see that many people. We had researched the internet and the accomodations were better than we had even thought. Deona is the hotel manager very helpful and accomodating. 10 min walk to Belikin distributor and grocery and about 15 min into town. I am not a very fast walker or very athletic either. Pool is great, has stools to sit around edge and still be in the water in the pool. Shade and sun, and a small hottub. There is a pier right out front with which to take boats on excursions or I would imagine that the hotel manager could get you someone to catch you some fish. If not, there is usually a guy running around there named Dave that can probably get you about anything you want. I am not a kayaker, but as you walk down the beach and past Ramones there are a few docks with kayaks on them. Deona could probably give you some idea on where to go also. If you have any other questions about Coconuts, be sure to ask or email Coconuts at [email protected]. I cannot say enough good about the place.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the info! I think I'm decided on Coconuts.

M
OP Offline
M
How about the beach at Coconuts ? What's it like ?

I
I
The beach is typical at Coconuts. Does not have a seawall so it rolls right into the sea. No steps. Sand is nice there. Clean. At low tide, there is a little sand bar you can walk out on and watch the hermit crabs. As far as swimming there, probably stick to the pool. Coconuts has a deal with the neighboring resort so you can go to to the end of their pier and swim. Never tried that though. Pool and hottub were nice.....

You may want to consider Xanadu - free kayaks to guests. About 1 mile S of town. Nice place. No restaurant or bar on site but several close by.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.