Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81992 03/08/04 07:09 PM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone! I've been reading your wonderful info for a few weeks and am thrilled to be finally going to AC. Did some web search to find a place and found Mata Rocks to be quaint and affordable. Can anyone tell me more about the place? Have had them chill Belikins for my husband and I who will be arriving on the 22 March thru 29th. Can't wait to just soak up the warmth. Ct. has been brutal this winter. It's snowing as I write! UGH!

we stayed next door at banana beach a week ago and i think you'll like mata rocks. it has a great little beachside bar area where guests seem to hang out a lot...a couple of nice hammocks and great lounge chairs...and it's very uncrowded...with an OK beach.

had a snack at the bar one afternoon...and one evening, they had a beach bbq for supper...and i went over to order the shrimp kabobs to take back to my room...excellent meal!

and you'll be right next to the restaurant at banana beach...el devino's...one of the best places to eat on the caye!

don't know what the rooms are like...but i hear good things...i'm sure you'll like it there.

OP Offline
Thanks Mikell for the info. I saw all your pics and am looking forward to posting ours also upon our return! Mata Rocks offers bikes for their guests during their stay. Sounds like the way to get around..well be close but not too close to town. I've taken your reccomendation re: the golf carts (gas) and will be renting one also. Thanks.

N
N
We stayed at Mata Rocks 2 years ago and plan to go back this year. Since we were last there, they added 4 or 5 more rooms (now 16, I think) and a pool. We had a junior suite downstairs, which was very large, clean, and well furnished. And the A/C worked great. Everyone is very friendly, especially the bar staff. Plenty of hammocks and beach chairs. I wouldn't get too excited about the bikes, however, they were very "well used" if you know what I mean. But we walked nearly everywhere with no problem at all. I give Mata Rocks 2 thumbs up overall!!

My mother and I stayed at Mata Rocks last month. We had a Jr. Suite right on the ocean. The view was gorgeous.

Pros:
-Beautiful view
-15 to 20 minute walk to town
-Nice staff
-Bar on premises
-Yummy Chinese takeout across the street (Emerald 2)
-They pay for your taxi to and from the airport

Cons:
-Tiny room
-Tiny pool
-The continental breakfast is mostly big, dry pastries.

Important to note, I didn't really care about the cons. This was the best vacation of my life! I love Ambergris Caye!

She's in love...

Ahhh... Is it that obvious?

wink laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.