Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#82045 - 03/09/04 08:10 PM Journey's End and dive shop
Eric and Amber Offline
After a long deployment around the world I have finally come home and decided the best way to get over living with 5000 people on a ship would be a trip to Belize. I have searched all over this board and can not find any info about the Journey's End resort that was posted since last spring. I promise I searched but this seems like a pretty tolerant crowd.

My wife and I have reserved a beachfront cabana there and the only thing I have found so far is that they may have scorpions and, as of last year, the staff was great but the rooms did not come close to the website. I also have not been very successful at finding info on the dive shp there. Any contacts or feedback>? Thanks in advance.

#82046 - 03/09/04 08:25 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
toad Offline
try somewhere else...

#82047 - 03/09/04 08:32 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
Eric and Amber Offline
Originally posted by toad:
try somewhere else...
I am guessing it would make little sense for me to ask for anybody to expound on Toads comments.....This could mean try somewhere other than JE or try somewhere other than AC??

#82048 - 03/09/04 09:19 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
john robertsdenver Offline
eric and amber, did you check out the lodging at the top of the page? if you click on it it will send you to a selection where you can scroll down to journeys end and review their facilities. prices amenities pool etc. you will be north of town and will rely on ferry and water taxi to get past the san pedro river..don't know if that matters to you hope this helps john in denver

#82049 - 03/09/04 10:48 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
Eric and Amber Offline
Thanks John, I had not seen the part about the different parts of the island. That is pretty helpful.

Thanks for your time and courtesy, I just wanted to get some of the feedback that is typically given here.

#82050 - 03/10/04 10:12 AM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
sandb Offline
Originally posted by Eric and Amber:
Thanks John, I had not seen the part about the different parts of the island. That is pretty helpful.
Given this, I would really zero in on where you would like to be located. The type of time you would like to spend on AC should be addressed first and will determine where you wish to stay. A search along the lines of North vs South will prove very beneficial. From there you can focus on specific properties.
You do not see much recent info on JsE because the people that frequent this board are not the typical people you will find there....nothing negatively inferred here...
Be aware that if you are interested in a more private Northerly retreat, I have witnessed JsE catering to mini conferences of 50 plus people on more than one occasion.

Best of luck.

By the way, thank you for your service.

#82051 - 03/10/04 10:22 AM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
cathy and richard Offline
we stayed north at captain morgans and loved it there very nice place with perfect service you can also ride bikes and golf cart into town by taking the reaction ferry pulled my belizeans 24/7.

#82052 - 03/10/04 11:04 AM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
mango Offline
The dive shop at JER is a seperate operation run Belize Ocean Divers is run by Steve Bowen of Temptation Island Fame. A topnotch divemaster by anybody's standards.

#82053 - 03/10/04 12:07 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
Jack and Rose Offline
I stayed in town, which is what my wife & I prefer.We are big fans of spending as much time around the locals as much as possible & try different places to eat more than once a day. San Pedro has enough great places that you can easily have all 3 meals a day at a different place.What better way to experience being in Belize than meeting the people & eating what we considered some of the tastiest & well prepared food we have ever had traveling.I rode a golf cart as far up as a little past Capt.Morgans & it was a very rough road to say the least.I hear it gets worse the further you go up.

People who have stayed up there,how many round trips would you make either by cart or bike a week??? I fully understand that some day I may choose to be further from town or maybe I won't,but I realize some people like the isolated locations & are happy just to chill out & not move aroud as much.

#82054 - 03/10/04 12:11 PM Re: Journey's End and dive shop
Jack and Rose Offline
I meant to mention: Have you found the map
http://www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html. Click on most places and their web comes up. The places on the map are closer to each other than I thought they would be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Pokey, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,689 Topics
461,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.