Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
***I originally postetd this at the end of your trip report, bringing it up in it's own topic:

Hi Mikell,

I too am enjoying your reports, and have to say your visit is pretty much the same as ours was last March! I do have a question for you, we never made it to Casa Picasso for a meal. By chance did you eat at Capricorn? I was wondering how the two compare? We found Capricorn to be absolutely beautiful, and the food was excellent though a bit pricey. It was our special night out, the rest of the time we had excellent, yet inexpensive dinners.

Can you or anyone else compare or give your inputs on the two for me? We are heading back on March 25th for a ten day stay and I'm getting very excited! Taking the guys with us this time for their first visit. They can't wait for the fishing and all the rest that paradise has to offer. Thanks in advance,

Rosie C

J
J
Hi Chicamundo, I ate at Casa Picasso last Friday & would tomorrow which is Friday. Only problem is I'm home. We had party of six and were there for quite awhile. Two other people joined us for drinks and desert after we ate. I don't drink but everyone was raving about watermelon martini's.They have a 2 for 1 staring at nine for martini's. Friday nights they have Shrimp Paella done by chef Jennifer,who with her husband Chris are the owners. We were the last ones to leave and no one was looking to lock up.Nice place,great wait staff,our meal was delicious and I had a desert of sliced banana's in a rum toffe sauce, with scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.Do die for. I guess you could say I recomend going there

Jack

OP Offline
Thanks Jack!

I have to say, a year ago, no one (that I knew) had even heard about Belize, here in California. Lately it seems everyone wants to go there! I guess I raved a bit much about my first trip last year!

We are heading out a week from today, and there are TEN of us going! A really great group of friends. Some divers, some fisherman/women. All avid snorkling fans so it is going to be excellent fun.

I am liking the sound of Casa Picasso. Where is it located?

Thanks again for your help.

Rosie

Hey Rosie Maybe we will see each other. We are coming down the 24th for 12 days. Doing the same things as you, fishing, diving. First time so I am really excited. laugh Have fun Tam

Sorry to burst your bubble Rosie, but that would be 2 weeks!

hi rosie...

can't help you out with capricorn's...didn't get to try the restaurant there...so i can't compare...

but you won't be disappointed with casa picasso...didn't find it really expensive either...what you'd expect to pay for a truly wonderful meal anywhere! probably less than many places.

it's a bit out of the way...you won't pass it on normal routes to and from town...but it's a small town and everyone will know where it is...can't remember if the street has a name...but it's south of the airport...on the lagoon side of the caye...i'm sure someone will be able to give you better directions than that...

well worth finding, in any event! what it doesn't have in a "view" (waterside dining)...it MORE than makes up for in excellent food, service and ambience. we loved it!

OP Offline
Oh Darn it!!! I knew I was getting way over excited! You are right it is two weeks from tdoay!

Where will you be staying?

Rosie

OP Offline
Thanks Mikell, I will definitely make it one of our nights out. It sounds wonderful.

I hope more of your reporst are coming soon!

Regards,

Rosie

We are South of town at Casa Redondo. We needed something with more room as we are lugging the kidlets with. We'll be the ones with the 4 board, or just plain tired, looking teenagers behind us.

Once they get there, I doubt they will be bored! You'd be surprised - even teenagers manage to enjoy themselves in Belize!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.