Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Should we book our flights to AC from the International airport and pay the higher fare or take a cab to the muni airport and save a few bucks on airfare? I know there's cab fare involved, but for two people will we really be saving any money and is it worth the hassle (getting cab, shelping luggage, etc) to get to the muni airport?
OR... should we add some adventure and take the water taxi to AC and take the flight on the return trip?

insignificant savings - not worth the time & effort...fly from Intl

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
Thanks klc. Does anyone else have input based on their experiences? What about taking the plane there and the water ferry back?

J
J
Take the plane both ways,only a 13 min flight & it's nice to see the AC and other Caye's from above. Also the ferry is not really a "Ferry".They are either an all open boat or one with part of the forward section covered. They are good sized and go quite fast. But you are always at mercy of the weather.Plus the planes give you several more hours on the Island!!!!!

Yep, take the plane from International. A group of 4 or more save some doing the muni thing. We are usually a group of 4 but never did muni because we want all the time we can get on the caye. cool
We did do the water taxi thing once because no planes were going to the Islands at that time. (Keith frown ) It was pretty cool but I would not do it again. Remember you may do a snorkel trip, fishing day, cruise to Caulker for an afternoon, bla bla. Lots of time to do a boat trip when ya get there for many different good reasons!
Have a great trip!

J
J
PERSONALLY, if i have 2 or mor in my party i like to take the taxi to muni--you get to chat with the driver and get a little insight into what is going on in Belize, it's 20 bucks for the ride, and quite pleasant.. the fare from muni is 26.00 U.S. per person, as compared to 46.50 per person.
So it just depends on what you want to do.. Ilike the savings..the ride.. and giving the cabbie a few extra bucks at the same time john in denver

M
M
any method except train is ok.

With two people you save about US$20 from municipal, each way, after factoring in the cab fare. With three people, you save around Us$40. With four people, around US$60. Whether it's worth it depends on how tight you are with a buck.

Taking the water taxi, with two, you save around US$45 over the international; with three, US$75; with four around US$110.

For me, with two people, no. With three or four, yes.

As someone else said, it also gives you a little better perspective on Belize. Too many folks come to Belize and never see anything except San Pedro and the international airport.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.