Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82390 - 03/15/04 05:02 AM Tropical drink on the beach
suntam Offline
Where are some good places to go for an inexpesive tropical drink on the beach? What kind of prices should I expect? Beach and palm trees........

#82391 - 03/15/04 10:56 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
ilandhoper Offline
Just returned from AC. Many places have great tropical drinks. Depends what view you are looking for. Margie and Carlos at Pirates Pub, Coconuts Hotel can make some amazing drinks...... They also have hammocks on the beach. Mango's, on the beach on the south end of town, has good drinks and is right on the beach. Elva is great.... Do some exploring, most beach restaurants/bars make great drinks.......

#82392 - 03/15/04 11:36 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
suntam Offline
Nope, I'm not Wes!

#82393 - 03/17/04 12:25 AM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
suntam Offline
Nope, my name is Tami! What kind of prices should one expect for a tropical drink? In the states they are really expensive and not much to them!

#82394 - 03/17/04 12:43 AM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
RobertE Offline
Rum Punch with an extra punch at BC's Bar- about $3.00 US. Rum Drinks are very cheap and Belize has some of the best rum in the world. Banana Monkeys or Dirty Bananas are good too and I don't even like Bananas!

#82395 - 03/17/04 05:18 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
Big Frank Offline
I'm partial to the Rum punch or Planter's Punch at Caribe Island 3 miles south of SP. Call them and they might provide a taxi as they have free taxis to and from town.--Try about 4p for beach volleyball and cocktails. My wife likes the Pantyrippers.

#82396 - 03/17/04 07:22 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
NJgirl Offline
Don't forget about the Squirrel's Nest at Mata Rocks (next to Banana Beach, south of town). You can sit in a hammock and have the drinks brought right to you! I don't remember the price because we put everything on our room tab (we were staying there), but I do know when it came time to settle the bill, it was about half of what we expected! Plus, they have 2 for 1 specials. Oh, I could use a rum punch right now. We got 6" of snow last night! mad

#82397 - 03/17/04 07:55 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
suntam Offline
Thanks for all these tips. My husband and I like to go to tropical places and the last two times we went I was pregnant, so I am really looking forward to a tropical drink on the beach. Sounds great about them bringing it to you in a hammock!! And sounds good at Caribe Beach too especially since we are staying there! Do you remember the prices generally?

#82398 - 03/17/04 11:00 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
seashell Offline
Sorry for mistaking your identity, suntam. Hope you have a great time.

#82399 - 03/17/04 11:21 PM Re: Tropical drink on the beach
mimi Offline
speaking of drinking...what's the name of that martini bar? on the lagoon side, i think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (RedRover, Marty), 43 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,057 Topics
462,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.