Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#82488 - 03/17/04 04:28 PM Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
Marty Offline
Belize City, Tuesday, March 16, 2004The production crew of the UK-based television program JET SET are currently in Belize, spending a total week, filming the show’s winning contestants, as they savor the Belize experience.

The program, for which the crew is obtaining footage, incorporates live broadcast of numerous contestants vying for the Jet Set lifestyle a lifestyle that essentially features custom-made holidays in top-notch, luxurious accommodations and exotic locales. The Jet Set objective is to “treat the winners to the millionaire lifestyle during their stay.”

Two sets of contestants vie, as they are tested on general knowledge. Competitors in the studio compete with the current Jet Set winners on location in an exotic destination, which varies expansively. Those in the studio themselves aim to head off to the next mystery location, while those on location endeavor to travel the world. During the show, the said destination, which hosts the current winners, is featured offering viewers an opportunity to vicariously experience the activities in which the present winners have delighted. Commentary from the current winners, highlighting the ultimate attractions of the country, is also incorporated.

The last episode’s winners Sarah Williams and Sian Pope, having won for nine consecutive weeks, have traveled to Tokyo, Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago to name a few. Most recently they have been to Chile, and as of Sunday March 14, the two record-breakers have had the opportunity to sample a bit of the “Jewel.” Their itinerary includes visits to Ambergris Caye, featuring snorkel stops at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley marine reserves; the Cayo District, inclusive of the country’s largest Maya site Caracol, the Rio Frio Cave and Rio On Pools; and the Belize Zoo.

The program, aired on British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) One, transmits live to an audience, which principally comprises persons between ages 25 to 35, of 10 million across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

“This is quite an important media visit, considering the program’s expansive viewership. Additionally notable, of recent Jet Set has experienced increased ratings,” remarks Director of Tourism Tracy Taegar. “The European market is becoming an increasingly prominent sector of our target audience, and so the country’s presence on BBC television, and specifically this program, is ideal.”

Prior to arriving in Belize, Jet Set had the opportunity to meet with representatives of the Belize Tourism Board at the annual European tourism trade show, World Travel Market held in London, in November of last year where plans for feature locations in Belize were discussed.

#82489 - 03/18/04 06:47 PM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
C from UK Offline
Marty - has this already been shown on BBC1 or do you know when it's going to be shown? Jet Set is usually on a Saturday night just before the lottery results so I hope it's this Saturday-that'll be a definite night in -can't wait! - thanks for the info.

#82490 - 03/18/04 08:23 PM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
coconuts Offline
World travel market- my old stomping grounds. Great marketplace. I use to be D.O.S for several hotels in nyc&nj. Miss the industry but dropped out 10 years ago when children arrived. You brought back great memories.

Thanks Nancy smile

#82491 - 03/20/04 12:59 AM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
Anonymous
Any news on date & time, Marty? I'm back in the UK for a while and I'll record it if I know when it is.
"C from UK" - if you want to touch base I'm in Oxford (01865-721257).

#82492 - 03/20/04 03:13 AM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
sweets Offline
hey guys...i'm living in san pedro now and the guys from Unity Tours were telling me that the BTB called them and set up a trip for the BBC crew to see Shark/Ray Alley and Hol Chan.....I thought that was great for those boys! they said it was fun and the film crew was really nice....they said it would be shown on BBC 2 though - we can't get that one here - if someone does they want a copy of the show.....

#82493 - 03/20/04 02:46 PM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
C from UK Offline
pedro2 - Jet Set is on every Saturday at 7.35pm on BBC1. I'm guessing today (Saturday 20th March) will be the one - I'll definitely be watching! - Have a great time in England - it's a bit windy and cold at the moment though.

#82494 - 03/22/04 11:50 AM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
C from UK Offline
Great seeing the ruins, jungle, sting ray and reef - looks fantastic! but wanted to see more!
Suppose I'll just have to wait.

#82495 - 03/23/04 04:12 AM Re: Belize to Be Featured on BBC One
Anonymous
I watched it as well and thought it was a bit of a non-event. Maybe 30" footage total, most of it unidentifiable as to location. Pretty pictures, certainly, but jazzed up and quickly off screen. I recorded it and can bring it back if anyone wants to see it. If not I'll scratch it.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.