Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82624 03/20/04 06:36 PM
OP Offline
We have only 4 full days in AC. Going to play it by ear once we get there, but plan to do tons of snorkeling (tours and on our own) and would like to kayak some. Friends that have been on cruises say you just have to do the cave tubing. I know this is an all day excursion, and it does sound cool, but is it worth it given our limited time to soak up the sun and fun of AC ????

#82625 03/20/04 07:03 PM
hi phyllis...

my opinion probably isn't the best source of advice...because we never did the cave tubing...and we were on AC for 10 days...but we did talk to another couple who only had a week on AC and spent one day on the cave tubing trek to the mainland.

they told us it was fun...but if they had to do it again...they wouldn't have bothered...they felt their time on AC was short enough and would have rather spent the day snorkeling or in other activities on AC...even just enjoying the sun and surf...

they also said the water was cold and the atmosphere could have been a waterpark anywhere back home....

for what it's worth...i'd say with just four days on AC...stick to the snorkeling tours, kayaking and maybe a day of golf carting around to see more of the caye and san pedro...you will love it there.

#82626 03/20/04 08:42 PM
Only 4 days on AC??? confused How come? Where else ya goin?
OHMYGOSH... well I would just stay there myself but I'm hooked on it... and have been several times too! wink
The mainland of Belize it so totally different though in a good way too! It's very cool!
Oyyyy, good luck, I dunno what to tell ya. frown
Rest or explore... either way ENJOY!

#82627 03/21/04 05:09 AM
I know that there are many people that have really enjoyed the cave tubing, however, I am not one of them.

There is no question in my mind that I wouldn't waste one day in four, or even one day in seven, on cave tubing.

If, however, you want to see the zoo and some of the mainland, then sure, it's an OK way to spend a day.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#82628 03/21/04 01:04 PM
Phyllis, I have cave tubed at Jaguar Paw. Mine was a 3/4 day trip, but you can fly over & cut the time down by not boating over. It was great fun, but not for everybody. If you are more into ocean water sports, be sure to not miss snorkeling at Mexico Rocks. It's up off the north end & is often missed, especially by first timers who opt for Hol Chan instead. Have great time, I always do.

#82629 03/21/04 02:24 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the input folks, leaning toward just hanging out on AC. Mexico Rocks is definately on our "to do" list. Unfortunately we split our vacation time with sking - yes we enjoy snow also and summer camping trips. And from Milwaukee we have to do an overnight in Dallas on the way home which blows a day for us. I guess four days is better than none !! Can't wait. Everything on this board has been soooooo helpful !!!!

#82630 03/22/04 01:56 PM
M
M
phyllis, i guess it depends on what you really like to do. for me, with only 4 days in paradise, i would hang out on the island, enjoy the beach, the water and the island atmosphere...get to know the people. then do mexico rocks one day. when you come back, you'll find a way to schedule 7-10 days there.

where are you staying?

#82631 03/22/04 06:07 PM
OP Offline
We will be at the Tradewinds Paradise Villas, it was hard to decide, everything sounds nice !! This wasn't too far from town, we plan to enjoy our days and nights !!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.