Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#82770 - 03/22/04 09:55 PM cell phones
Janeto Offline
I am sure this has been discussed. but which cell phones work in Belize?

#82771 - 03/22/04 10:10 PM Re: cell phones
sandb Offline
Originally posted by Janeto:
I am sure this has been discussed. but which cell phones work in Belize?
Given this, try the SEARCH feature above and you will find lots of information.

#82772 - 03/24/04 03:40 AM Re: cell phones
CorozalBayResort Offline
smile For a cell phone to work in Belize it has to be an unlocked one. Once you have an unlocked one you can purchase a pre-paid sim card from BTL and your phone will work.
No idea if anyone unlocks cell phones in San Pedro but in Corozal Town you can get any cell phone unlocked at the White Saphire Gift Shop. They charge between BZ$50.-75. to do so. cool www.corozalbayinn.com
Doug & Maria Podzun

#82773 - 03/24/04 10:04 AM Re: cell phones
ckocian Offline

#82774 - 03/24/04 10:27 AM Re: cell phones
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Unless you're going to be in Belize a long time, it's not much more expensive and less of a hassle to just rent a cell phone (from BTL, car rental companies, some shops including some in San Pedro). Cost is around US$5 a day, plus the cost of a BTL phone card, which are in denominations of BZ$10 to $50.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#82775 - 04/29/04 01:46 PM Re: cell phones
Brad WB Offline
I have cingular as a service provider here in California. When going out of the country I just give them a call and they unlock the phone and allow me to "piggyback" on the foreign network.

I just contacted them for out trip to Belize and both mine and my wife's phones should now work without a problem. Of course it is 1.99 a minute but the convenience is worth the price. smile

#82776 - 04/29/04 07:12 PM Re: cell phones
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
C's Phones & CD's across the street from Milo's Money Exchange on Middle (Pescador Drive) Street offers the following:

New and used cellular sales
Digicell 1900 sim cards
Unlocking phones
Cellular phone rental & repairs

It is far less expensive to use your phone with the prepaid digicell cards, especially if you be making local calls. You can have you incoming foreign calls forwarded to your phone here as well.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (cracked up, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.