Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82798 03/23/04 06:15 PM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just got back this am morning and missing all of the folks! Did very little of what I wanted as things pulled me in a different way. Missed the Chicken Drop! Missed BC'S! Day one went out with Capt. Bicho along with three of my kids and the fishing was pretty good 3 Nice Barracuda, several others two but little one was sick and slept a lot, Bicho was worried about her but I wanted to fish so we took it easy and let her sleep. Oldest daughter and middle son did a fair job of hauling in some---Next time DAD goes a lone for 1 trip---- 2nd, day Bicho took my whole group out (8)on a Half day trip and did a great job. Bicho Jr. took family out and they had a great time, I stayed and visited with Bicho- Nice guy 3rd day-- Bicho shows up at 8am. Oldest son tried to keep up with Dad on the town the night before and did not do so well, neither did my middle daught or wife so this time it was back to shore and drop them off-- Not much fishing Bicho then took me outside the reef and we did O.K. then as has been said on this board-Bicho went to work on the Beach BBQ and as always what a feed!!! Next day tried the flats and there were not many fish taking the bait but that is the way fishing goes. Had a good afternoon as everybody was all over the place so Dad went Beach bar hopping and had a good time! Time to get going so will let the rest of the trip be for latter. 353 days and counting or maybe if the Tarpon are in August!!!!!!!!!!!!

#82799 03/24/04 02:29 PM
double e did you catch some fish ??/ you report is mixed spoke to bicho he said you got some fish ?? the week before we got fish after fish ,as fast as we put bait on was good to great ....?????? did you have a good time ???????? how was the weather ,etc... how did you do on the reef ??/ did you go half day flats fishing what did you catch .. living the dream is good ..did you get to do that ????

Living The Dream Every Day!
#82800 03/24/04 02:45 PM
Capt. Jeff....We're all booked with Capt. Bicho...2 full days with his infamous beach BBQ both times. Hubby is a little disappointed that we'll be leaving before the full moon and so won't benefit from the abundance of fish that you reported...but we're keeping our fingers crossed. We go out fishing quite a bit...my hubby goes out to Montauk every August...and each time it's different in regards to how many you catch. I guess it's like that anywhere you go....you never know how much action you're gonna get. Just wanted to thank you for pointing us in Capt. Bicho's diretion...we're really looking forward to meeting him. Hopefully someday our pathes will cross as well....Goody

#82801 03/24/04 03:02 PM
D
DoubleE Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Cap't Jeff, We had a Great time! Day 1, I did catch Three nice Barraccuda. Several others to! Outside the reef was better than inside. Kids also caught some fish. 2nd Day, Bicho took us out snorkling and Bicho Jr. took the family out and they all were very excited. Day 3, Was a bad day as 1 Kid sick, Then Two, Then Wife-- Then I told Bicho we had to go back and drop them off!!!! (Boo) Then I went back out with him and then caught some more fish!Went back and got all others and the Beach BBQ was "GREAT"!! Did not do so good on the flats and this does not reflect on our Guids as the fish just were not hitting very hard. As far as living the dream-- Why would I be looking to go back in August? E mail me and will give you more! [email protected]

#82802 03/24/04 09:35 PM
S
S
capt. jeff just got back some great fishingsanpedro.com pictures. i will mail them to your work address. some nice bone fish, and a giant garr fish. some cool snorkeling pics and the famous beach b.b.g with capt. bicho. i can't thank you enough for your help. hope to see you in n.j for some fishing. those trigger and snappers were some of the best eating fish i ever had. and to see you land that barracuda after it stole our fish was a treat i won't soon forget! not too mention the good times at elvi's,the stained glass pub and capt. bicho's for laughs and more home cooked food! thanks so much-sean when i get a chance i pop on here and let people know fishingsanpedro.com is a first class outfit!!

#82803 03/24/04 11:00 PM
Goody2,

Don't worry about the full moon. We tore 'em up on the new moon in February. Just outside the reef near the south end of the caye, south of Hol Chan. Almost too many!!

KCJD

#82804 03/24/04 11:36 PM
Thanks KCJD...was that with Capt. Bicho? Will look at our charts to see if the new moon is on for one of the days we're with Bicho laugh How far out were you...and was it rough outside the reef like some of the boarders say? Thanks for the heads up....only 11 more days wink

#82805 03/25/04 02:51 PM
Goody,

Indeed we were with Bicho. We got into them just outside the reef about 2 miles south south east of the end of the Caye. Lat/Lon hddd°mm'ss.s"(WGS 84) N17 51 07.6 W87 58 43.1. I can't give you any better description than that.

We had rolling seas. It took a minute for me to adjust. My wife got sick. We were out there for almost an hour though.

KCJD

#82806 03/26/04 12:31 AM
KCJD...you can't get anymore specific than that wink You're great with the info...appreciate it once again my friend. Hope you're enjoying life stateside...10 more days until we hit paradise laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.