Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#832 - 02/23/06 03:34 AM Skydive Belize trip report!!
reaper Online   content
Well...where the hell do I start for a 12 day trip report involving so many board members???? On the first day of jumping it was gorgeous weather. We made 5 jumps during the day and then met everyone else that arrived at the Blue Water Grill for a great welcoming dinner. The local band 20/20 played and the place was rock'n until the storm came a knock'n!!! Rain and wind for a couple of days...bummer! Sunday night we took a booze cruise on the "Angel Ray". It was a great time and a HUGE thanks to Rod with Belize Legacy Resort for providing a great evening. On Monday night I ran in to Jesse at Crazy Canucks, right after seeing the locals feed El Diablo! Windjammer and Wyoming Carla were in rare form at BC's on tuesday night and eager to leap! Pedro 1 was busy planning our thursday night bash at his place. By Wednesday we had nearly 130 in the group and the weather started improving. Thursday was one of the worst days of my life. Enough has been said already about that. On thursday night we all headed over to Pedro's for a party. We didn't want to cancel and by night fall everyone needed a drink or three. Pedro 1 had a BBQ and the band 20/20 playing. (Mrs. reaper still wants to have a word with you about the BBQ Mr. Pedro!) Pedro was a very gracious host and my gang started to feel better about things. It was there that I met the ONE and ONLY..."SIN"! And also "The Tart from Pedro's"...a lovely girl getting lots of attention from the single jumpers! On friday the skies were clear and we fired up the otter! People were lined up to make tandem jumps and the SunBreeze was full of energy. We did a memorial jump in the AM and had a great day of jumps. My good pal Windjammer made her birthday jump! She did great and I think is still smiling!!! Friday night the group hit Fido's...I would love to fill you in but I crashed on the bed about 7:30PM!!! Saturday was a wonderful day which saw Jeanine Gordon and Neal Beverly, two jumpers, tie the knot above the Blue Water bar. Mrs. reaper got all emotional during the "I do's" because the same minister married us in the same spot last year. The reception was a great time! Tony Brown and the boys rocked the pool area of the SunBreeze and after the music stopped we all closed down BC's!!! My head really hurt on Sunday morning. We made an 8:30 AM jump from 15,000 ft. That was what I needed and felt great the rest of the day! I got to make a leap with Simon for the SAGA fundraiser. It was great fun. That's me in the shorts flying in front of him and Doug(his instructor). Coco Loco's bar was always full of spectators watching us land. On Sunday night Charlene hosted a FANTASTIC farewell BBQ at BC's. On monday we made a few jumps and wrapped it up. I took the golf cart for a cruise up the Corona Freeway to Journey's end with the family that day. My kidneys still hurt! We did 1,103 skydives, including 99 tandems. Some notable locals such as Changa from Amigos Del Mar, made jumps with us. Other than what happened to Chad, not one person got as much as a scratch on them. It was a bittersweet week for me, but mark February 10th to the 19th, 2007...the dates for "Boogie in Belize Threez"!!! reaper cool

#833 - 02/23/06 03:53 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
reaper Online   content
SIN
Jesse
Papashine
Windjammer
RI Beth
Havnfun
Pedro1
Pedro2
Lovey and Thurston
the Tart from Pedro's
Madmatt
Chris
GoVikes
and the one and only "Capt. Jeff"
I'm sure I left some folks out due to a bad week or two for the brain cells...but these are some of the "boarders" I ran in to and hung out with. Great fun guys...THANKS! :p cool

#834 - 02/23/06 03:57 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
Windjammer Offline
I'll be doing my next year bd jump with these good people on the 17th. Won't correct reaper for some of his wrong info/dates re: me & wyoming carla!

#835 - 02/23/06 03:58 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
Windjammer Offline
Thanks reaper!!! It was great! laugh

#836 - 02/23/06 04:25 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
SimonB Offline
2 or more jumps for me next year! Any chance you might want to open a school here?

#837 - 02/23/06 04:36 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
reaper Online   content
It's in the works, Simon! Windjammer...too many rum punches the last night!!!!

#838 - 02/23/06 05:14 AM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
Windjammer Offline
smile laugh wink :p :rolleyes: eek

#839 - 02/23/06 10:11 PM Re: Skydive Belize trip report!!
travelqueen Offline
WAIT! You lost me at "seeing the locals feed El Diablo!" What? I thought El Diablo was... oh never mind. :rolleyes:

Glad the trip was successful, for the most part. I'm glad a lot of businesses were able to benefit from the the traffic.

We will continue to keep Chad's family in our prayers.

Thanks for the report!!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (reaper, katzgar, Jameela01), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.