Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#83361 - 03/31/04 04:32 PM Be Prepared for New Tourist Fees & Taxes
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Tourism is booming in Belize, and Belize politicians, like pols everywhere, are ready to take advantage of that fact, especially since tourists don't vote locally. Here are some of the new fees and taxes you'll face:

International Airport Departure Tax & Fees: US$35, up from US$20, effective April 1, 2004

Hotel Room Tax: 9%, up from 7%, effective mid-2005

Sales Tax on Most Items: 9%, up from 8%

Archeological Fees: US$5 at most sites, including Xunantunich, Altun Ha, and Cahal Pech, up from US$2.50; at Caracol, fee is US$7.50. Effective April 1, 2004

Marine Park Fees: US$10 to $15 per person per day, depending on the park, effective November 1, 2004.

Land Border Exit Fee: US$18.75, up from US$13.75, in effect now.

There is some good news, though. Visitors going to Mexico from Corozal for less than seven days will not be charged the US$21 entrance fee by the Mexican government.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#83362 - 04/02/04 08:45 AM Re: Be Prepared for New Tourist Fees & Taxes
wannaBEthere Offline
Be Prepared for New Tourist Fees & Taxes

Ohhhh man .... BUT at least it didn't say "tourist fleas" ... hate those pesky lil things!

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"

#83363 - 04/02/04 09:00 AM Re: Be Prepared for New Tourist Fees & Taxes
goody2shuz Offline
Are WE There Yet....Did you even go to sleep last night? Or were you spending the night on this board checking it all out? You're up earlier than me...and I usually slleep in, that is , until I ound this wonderful board that can be oh sooooooo addictive. Just as Mikell...I've senn here lurking here befroe & after her trip....which I hope to be doing as well laugh laugh

So what about the new taxes....guess it all from this board and everyone talking about this wonderful corner of the world acalled Paradise wink Perhaps more peple will end up staying having to pay to get out wink

Sooooo...what did you decide on....ARE WE THERE YET??? Or are you going to hang around like I did asking all these wonderful boarders tons of questions so as to plan the best vacation on could ever dream of? Good luck...and I'll have an extra Jumbo Martini to celebrate your arrival laugh laugh ...Goody

#83364 - 04/02/04 09:02 AM Re: Be Prepared for New Tourist Fees & Taxes
goody2shuz Offline
appears as if I already had that Jumbo Martini by all the slurring going on in my previous post.....just naturally buzzed as the time gets nearer & nearer to our departure laugh laugh laugh

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,681 Topics
461,175 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.