Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#83569 - 04/02/04 04:59 PM Quick question form a newbie
MMA4LIFE Offline
I have been reading this board for a couple months now and have learned a lot and wanted to thank you guys first. I will be posting this in the Living in belize section but this particular forum seems to get more traffic, so here's my question.

I will be moving to belize starting in May for 2 years. I will be attending medical school(Medical University of the Americas-MUA) and I will be looking for a place a mile or two south of town and was wondering if any of you guys know if there is a gym(besides oscars way up north) boxing or martial arts school?

I am so excited to move down there(im coming from NY) being that Im such a beach bum and would hopefully make my stay there more tolerable being that I will be at school most of the time during the week. Thanks to you guys I know where all the good bars are so I can keep sane laugh
Thnx again guys I appreciate the help!
Always date a chick who has small hands, so she'll think you have a huge....errrr hand?

#83570 - 04/03/04 01:48 AM Re: Quick question form a newbie
Chris Offline
There's a small gym at the Tennis Club which is closer to the Med. school than Oscar's. They've also got a big swimming pool. Memberships are available on a monthly basis. If you visit often it's good value.

Martial Arts: You could rent some Jackie Chan videos from Brown Sugar on Front Street. Ha ha! Just my little humour for now. Even in Paradise we have bad days.

Seriously, you might want to make contact with Master Lee...he's ex. Red Army and a really nice guy and also hard as nails mega black belt kung-everything. He has the Chinese take out just off Front Street and does massage treatments Chinese- style.

Also, Master Hung...he was doing the kung-fu massage on Middle Street...he recently left for Belize City...he's running a kung-fu school there and practising his acupressure massage too. He's over 50, looks like 30, smokes like a chimney, very VERY fit, again, ex-Red Army, really, really nice guy and totally into the kung-fu thing...does exhibitions and all that good stuff.

The closest I've gotten to practising martial arts here on Ambergris Caye is staring down a bottle of wine before viciously uncorking it with a stainless-steel Mouton-Cadet opener. It never had a chance!

#83571 - 04/03/04 03:58 PM Re: Quick question form a newbie
MMA4LIFE Offline
Thnx for the reply! Anyone else with info would be greatly appreciated
Always date a chick who has small hands, so she'll think you have a huge....errrr hand?

#83572 - 04/03/04 05:19 PM Re: Quick question form a newbie
Ernie B Offline
It's a small island. You just got all there is to get. Good luck in your studies.
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#83573 - 04/03/04 07:05 PM Re: Quick question form a newbie
NYgal Offline
Chris gave you good input. He lives there smile
Others may have some information, but you have received from someone that actually lives on the island.

We always need a good Doctor too, keep up the good studies. It's a quality profession.

OH, threre are chicks there too laugh

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (RedRover, Marty, wade the gringo, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,181 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.