Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83578 04/02/04 08:03 PM
Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes folks, as I sit here in my stuffy office I count but a handful of remaining days before I leave this grind for that little piece of paradise under the sun. For the past 9 months I've been staring at my screensaver (below) eight hours a day meticulously checking each day off of the Calendar as I leave, awaiting the day I can experience that blissful view first-hand. That screensaver has served me so well in relieving the stress imparted on me by the powers-that-be that it will surely be forever etched in my mind. Although it's but a mere slice of a time that I will spend in AC, I'm sure it will be one remembered always, and revisited in more ways than one. I dream of the Tarpon's spectacular aerial acrobatics, the Bonefish's lightning-quick runs, and the Permit ogling my fly with its ever-so-skeptical eye. I can only hope that I've prepared myself in mind and body to be worthy of challenging them, as they are each masters of their domain. I will leave knowing that even if I don't succeed, I will be rewarded many times over by my surroundings alone; and if I do succeed, the greatest reward will be returning them to the sea to fight again. I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful information that I've found on this message board and only hope I can reciprocate. I can't help but recall Capt. Jeff's words of wisdom every time I think of the journey that awaits me - "Live the dream�" This is gonna rock!

[Linked Image]

Angelo
#83579 04/02/04 08:04 PM
Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
Oops, had to edit, as I posted twice.

Angelo
#83580 04/02/04 09:24 PM
Angelo...yes you will be living the dream and we can't wait to meet the hammock surfer that you are when we too arrive at Banana beach...looking forward to meeting you & being possible witnesses to your Grand Slam laugh laugh laugh

Go live the dream...we're right behind you wink ...Goody

#83581 04/02/04 09:54 PM
Angelo, I hope you have a great time, and may your fly-line by way out far and stripping pure backings on lunkers ! ms

Mel Sinderman
#83582 04/02/04 09:55 PM
You will be seeing that exact scene before you know it! laugh Enjoy!

#83583 04/03/04 12:53 AM
Angelo - that is a totally cool screen saver - where did you get it? can you share? I'm sure looking at that every day for the next 2 months will definitely help my stress levels! Be gentle with the fishies - you don't wear those bones, permit and tarpon out; leave them some energy to lunge at our flies in June ! Have a great time, and please post often while you're there, if you have the time - we'll be looking forward to hearing all about the fishing (and anything else that's fit to post). wink Sharon and Richard

#83584 04/03/04 10:02 AM
Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
Sharon/Richard,

Screensaver is a bit of a misnomer. It's actually just desktop wallpaper. Here's the link. Just download it, set it as your desktop wallpaper, and picture yourself standing on that casting deck. smile

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/galvanni/belizeflats.jpg

Can't wait to meet some people myself Goody, but you can't go jumping up and down like that at Banana Beach because I think I'm in the oceanfront suite directly below you. I gotta get up early you know. wink

Angelo
#83585 04/04/04 02:58 PM
thanks, Angelo - that's much more fun to look at when I'm working than my regular wallpaper!

#83586 04/06/04 01:14 PM
angelo you go live the dream and enjoy .catch some fish ,eat some great food ,pick up some local kids in golf cart and give them a ride ,and listen to there laughter .. go to the end of a dock and watch the sunset . and most important come back again/again to sanpedro for lots years and ,for as long as you can ,live life to the max ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#83587 04/08/04 10:21 PM
Angelo Offline OP
OP Offline
Will do Capt. I have gifts for the kids and my guide as well. I always bring something with me to share with people when I travel. Those boarders at Banana Beach will have some too(first come, first serve). Leaving in the afternoon laugh

Angelo

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.