Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
First of all, I want to give ya'll a big thank you for all the insight and info. posted on this board...extremely helpful!

Our group needs your feedback on lodging for the beginning of June. We've narrowed it down to Sundiver (villa), Belizean Shores (multiple units) or Blue Dophin (house). There are 6 or 7 of us. One couple....rest singles. Priorities are nice but not too resorty environment, good beach, some natural surroundings. We like to cook some meals in to save $$$$, but hope to
spend some afternoon sampling libations at the various beach bars.

Whatcha think? Any other lodging suggestions?

J
J
I don't even know where two of the properties you mention are located, but if you want to be hanging out in town much at all, I'd stay south of the cut. Water taxis get expensive in a hurry.

Jean

Belizan Shores is a wonderful resort! We were there last October and will be back the last 2 weeks of June. The owners are offering great rates through their exclusive booking agent at www.belizeislandvacations.com. This is a great web site with lots of information and pictures!

ok, ok . . . .
but are you coming to our partee too?
laugh

M
M
hi sylvia, i'm going with friends on june 4th and we're staying at the palms condos, next door to ramon's, just south of town. there are lots of great resorts on the island, but personally, i like to be in the middle of everything, close to town.

mimi

We stayed at the Blue Dolphin (it was called Paradise Palace) on our 2nd trip to Belize.
We had some problems with the house but overall a GREAT time on the Island.
I might suggest before you book, that you confirm that...
the pool is FILLED and pumps are working. (ggrrrr we had to wait 4/5 days before it was finally filled)
All the split air conditioners are working. (not just 2 in 2 of the bedrooms)
They pictured a TV in one of the photos. (there was not one there while we were)
If they have put in "any" screens yet because if the AC isn't woking it gets HOT and STUFFY fast. (the french doors are great but at night you need ac or screens if you ask me wink )
Ask if the real phone will be hooked up or you have to use the "radio phone" (sigh, what a nightmare that phone was)
Oh... I'd also ask about the beds. All the beds were "air beds" when we were there.
To be fair to the owners it was a few months after Keith hit.
But to be fair to us we did ask about the pool, ac, and tv, prior and were assured all was well and working.
The last several times we have been to the Island we have stayed at "Caribe Island Resort" and we TOTALLY LOVE IT!!! laugh laugh laugh
Have a great time whereva you stay!
wink

Belizean Shores. Excellant Staff, Resort, Pool, Bar, Resturant, and location. I lead trips from Houston and we stay there.

Theo
Houston Scuba Academy
713 721 7788
http://www.houstonscubaacademy.com
hahah only about 7 months late.........but better late than never

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.