Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#850 02/25/06 05:49 PM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
A "photo credit" note: this collection is a merging of photos taken by myself and my sister, who traveled with me.

A lifelong love of photography was instilled in us by our father, who processed both 16 mm movies and stills (black & white) in our basement darkroom. Both of us worked in a camera shop part time when in high school and college; we both have a fascination with cameras and photography. Capturing photo memories was an integral part of our Belize experience, which we are delighted to share with you.

#851 02/25/06 06:16 PM
Good eyes...thanks Dad! And gals.

#852 02/28/06 10:34 AM
J
J
They brought me back...thanks.

#853 03/04/06 11:21 AM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Exciting news: lured by a low airfare, I will be returning in May (camera in hand). So, in late May this photo album will have a new chapter.

#854 03/04/06 11:27 AM
B
B
Xoe You have been such a great help to me and my husband. We will be there the first week of May, Wish you were going to be there then. We owe ya a nice dinner for all your help. Have a great time and I look forward to more of your wonderful pic's. Thanks

#855 03/04/06 12:45 PM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
We'll miss by just a bit -- too bad! My week there is May 11-18.

#856 03/04/06 01:08 PM
Xoe,
I can't believe you are going back already, no wait, I can believe it. Are you going with your sister again? Where did you decide to stay this time? From previous posts, it sounds like May is the hottest month on the island. So what! Bring a nice big hat, lots of sunscreen and cool clothes. I will be waiting to see your next batch of pictures and hear your report. Would you mind taking a shot of the Coco Beach Resort? It is under construction (just south of Belizean Shores) and I'd love to see how the front buildings are coming along. Have a fantastic time - I know you will.
P.S. I know what you mean about being lured by
the low airfare. I was online yesterday and couldn't believe some of the great deals! Glad you could take advantage of the opportunity.
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
#857 03/04/06 01:14 PM
B
B
Xoe missing you by 3 days. I will leave a big hug and some happy thoughts for you on our departure day. Lucky you!!!!

#858 03/04/06 01:56 PM
X
Xoe Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Pam, I can hardly believe it myself -- well, yes, I can believe it since my American Airlines e-ticket is in my hand. No sister this time, nor my husband (who hates airplanes); probably I'll be by myself, unless one of my "girlfriends" decides to join me. I'm okay with solo travel; true, no buddy to explore with, but it does provide the ultimate in freedom of choice what to do & when to do it. Going in May sounds okay to me: low-season price break but not too much rain & ahead of hurricane season.

Not Belizean Shores this time; I love that place, but by myself, less space with a lower price makes sense. I'm checking into Mata Rocks and Banana Beach, since walking to town sounds appealing.

If Coco Beach is just south of Belizean Shores, then it could be the construction project shown in one of my photos, entitled "Cement Pour". I don't remember that project's name right now. I think it's being done by the same owners as Belizean shores. I do plan to water taxi or golf cart up north one day, so I'll have a look & check it out -- with photo(s) of course!

#859 03/04/06 05:51 PM
Xoe,
Exactly, your "Cement Pour" photo is the project that I'm interested in seeing. We purchased the first casita behind the (5) big 2bed2bath units in front. They should break ground on our place in April after they are done with the front ones. Those buildings should be well on their way to completion and pretty impressive. You have such a skill with your camera. Seeing the new construction through the eye of your lense would be almost as good as seeing them for myself. I stress the word ALMOST in the my sentence!
Staying close to town sounds like a better "fit" for you this time since you don't have a companion as of yet. Flying solo is a blast! Just you and your camera, free as a bird...
Wish I could be there with you,
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.