Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84666 04/19/04 09:21 AM
OP Offline
My group and I are planning to travel over to Caye Caulker one day for lunch and just to look around. We are hoping to take a Catamaran trip over, or whatever transportation option sounds best. Can someone let me know exactly who to use to get the most fun out of the trip, and a little taste of some good ole rum punch? Thanks so much!

#84667 04/19/04 09:42 AM
I
I
Have not been on a catamaran, but depending on your group size, have an idea for you. Years ago I took a rum cruise on the Winnie Estelle, 65' converted oyster boat docked down in front or Paradise Hotel, atleast it was in early March. You need a minimum of 10-12 people I believe. He will do a trip like you mentioned with all you can drink and snacks to Caye Caulker and snorkeling on two different times if you want. I got a chance to talk to him while he was living at the Paradise villas behind the hotel. He may still be living there but was going to be moving sometime in the near future. It's a great trip. If you are interested, send him an email, [email protected] Also, here is a link to some photos of the boat and some trips he has offered in the past...
//ambergriscaye.com/winnieestelle/index.html

#84668 04/19/04 09:44 AM
J
J
The usual transportation is via the water taxi which is about half-way on the beach in town. It goes back & forth several times a day. The cost is
$15.00 US round trip. This is the fastest way. I,m sure if you want to you can find someone to take you over on a catamaran & return you later,but I imagine this would be much costlier as they would just be hanging out waiting for you to leave for the return trip.But if you have a group maybe this would be fun to do. Perhaps you could make a whole day of it.A much slower pace.The water taxi goes full bore at about 50 miles an hour. It flys!!!!!

We spent about 5 hours there & it was enough to have a look around & enjoy a nice lunch at Rasta Pasta, right on the beach.

The day we went it was real hot & after about walking for 15 mins we decided to rent a golf cart. It was the best thing we did because we got to see so much more of the Island & were still able to relax at lunch & go for a swim at the cut,a must. Bring a mask & snorkle if you have them fins not needed. Nice snorkleing at the cut.

Enjoy

#84669 04/19/04 10:48 AM
//www.ambergriscaye.com/unitytours/index.html

Great fun!!

#84670 04/19/04 10:52 AM
J
J
ilandhoper, the Winnie Estelle is a great idea. The week we were there Feb 28-Mar 7th. it was moored out in front of where we stayed,Aqua Marina & never went out. This may have been due to the gale force winds all week, as not many boats went out at all. I know the boat is for sale.

Maybe someone living in San Pedro knows if it is still operating. It's a beautiful boat & was told they put on a great day trip.

#84671 04/19/04 11:14 AM
S
S
The EL Gato cat does day and 1/2 day trips and could certainly take you to CC. They'll arrange sails for groups of 2 or greater.

#84672 04/19/04 11:21 AM
I
I
Jack and Rose,

I did speak with him over that same time and he stated that he only did charters now, I believe for 10 people or more. He did have a charter setup for the Sunday of March7 but was full. He is definitely still operating, the question is where. He had told me that the Paradise Villas where he lived at the time had sold and he had to move, I believe by the end of April. Not sure where he is. Years ago it was pretty cool that dolphins jumped along side of the boat as it went out to the reef. Was also told by some local people that the boat is still in good shape, but that the asking price is a little high. I think everything in San Pedro is for sale for the right price. The boat has been on the market for a couple of years from what I was told.....I wish I had had the opportunity to go for a cruise, but the plans fell apart later in the week of February 28......

#84673 04/19/04 11:38 AM
Check out Hustler, they,ve got a nice cat (with a head). We've gone to CC on it a couple of times and the crew is great, rum flows, a few snorkel stops and then lunch in CC. Nothing like a sail, calm and relaxing.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#84674 04/20/04 07:11 AM
J
J
The boat El Gato ties up right in front of the Aqua Marina Suites downtown.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.