Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#84689 - 04/20/04 12:28 AM BNBelizeSoon's 1st day
BNBelizeSoon Offline
Our first day on AC....
We were able to catch our flight on Tropic Air way too fast! No time to stop at Jet's for that rum punch. No worries, we made up for it later.
With our daughter as co-pilot (a real treat for her), and a brief stop on Caye Caulker (wonder if they can land there if it rains?), we finally set foot on this wonderful place that I had dreamed about for so many months! Not all of our luggage made it with us, we waited for just a little while but the humidity got to us and we made arrangements for them to bring the bags to Banana Beach when they showed up.
I was not too happy when we arrived at BB and they did not have the 2nd floor courtyard room that we had a confirmation for but they put us in a third floor apartment room (had to move up a twin bed for my daughter... kind of crowded) overlooking the construction and the road. I tried to get over that because I confirmed that we would move to the 1st floor Oceanfront corner unit the next day, i made them promise not to give it to someone else! That was my only real problem with BB and I am still awaiting word to see if we will get any compensation for that screw-up, I am not a good surprise person!
We rented a golf cart for the 8 days that we were there and took off to town to set up or diving expeditions with Amigos and eat! The fahitas at Lily's were AWESOME and I got my 1st taste of a BILIKIN..delicious! My daughter complained about her meal but I told her she had no room to complain because you do not order a BLT while in Belize... HELLO!!!!
We turned in very early because we had actually started our trip the day before by driving to Las Vegas to catch the redeye flight. Goody brought up a great point about the 1st impression of AC. I felt that there are two worlds on the island, the ho-hum on the backside of the resorts and then all of the glamour on the oceanfront side. I loved both!

#84690 - 04/20/04 12:54 AM Re: BNBelizeSoon's 1st day
Phoenix East Offline
Sorry, it sounds like they did what ever they could do to get you there and than gave you the wrong room. Did you end up getting the room you wanted?

#84691 - 04/20/04 01:04 AM Re: BNBelizeSoon's 1st day
BNBelizeSoon Offline
Not that night, but I knew we only had a different room for the one night. Yes, we were moved into the 1st floor dlx oceanfront room the next day and life was much better.... I probably wouldn't have known the difference if I hadn't asked specifically where the courtyard rooms were, and they had told me our room was on the 2nd floor by the big pool. It wasn't how I wanted to start out my vacation, that's for sure.

#84692 - 04/21/04 01:06 AM Re: BNBelizeSoon's 1st day
BNBelizeSoon Offline
Fianlly got word from BB, they will refund the difference between the two rooms, about $20...
Oh well, we had a great time despite the little screw-up...

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.