Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#84695 - 04/20/04 02:42 AM another travel question??
robert k Offline
howdy team,

in the process of checking air fare for our trip in november, and have found some around $700 from san diego that connect and end up in belize city. these flights seems to fit our needs in terms of departure / arrival times in order to catch the shuttle flight to san pedro.

for you boarders from the left coast, is this fare about right? i have no clue, thanks for any and all input..

robert

#84696 - 04/20/04 03:54 AM Re: another travel question??
Redheada Offline
Seems a bit high. We got tickets from LAX for $450 - about 60 days out. What airline are you looking at? We booked directly through Taca's website and they have historically had the best fare from LAX for the past 6 months. That is other than a last minute special fare.

#84697 - 04/20/04 03:55 PM Re: another travel question??
robert k Offline
thanks for the reply. i was not checking any particular airline, just running the flight through cheaptickets.com i will wait a while and check with taca directly

thanks again,

robert

#84698 - 04/20/04 04:17 PM Re: another travel question??
Islenutt Offline
Try Travelocity. They are showing mid-week flights for $570 in November on American. Taca has $595. Also, if you can fly from LAX it is less expensive. If driving to LAX isn't an option, try Southwest for the San Diego to LAX flight and price out the difference.

#84699 - 04/20/04 05:14 PM Re: another travel question??
Redheada Offline
Taca's fares are generally lower directly through their website rather than through Expedia or Orbitz or any of those. You could easily get a cheap ticket from SD to LAX - that is a good idea. Especially since you are planning so far ahead.

#84700 - 04/20/04 08:50 PM Re: another travel question??
scubalover Offline
I can add my 2cents to Taca. We're booked to fly Taca from SFO (San Francisco) RT to Belize City w/connection in El Salvador, booking 90 days out for $500 pp. I booked direct w/Taca online and avoided the price hike of nearly $100 total from Travelocity for the exact same flights!

#84701 - 04/20/04 11:17 PM Re: another travel question??
Islenutt Offline
The airlines direct website booking is usually cheapest, but you can use Travelocity to compare which airline is lowest. I never book with Travelocity, just use it to see who is offering the lowest fare and sometimes which airlines even fly to the destination I am looking at. Then deal with the specific airline.
I have seen SFO to BZE for under $350 at certain times of the year. You just have to keep watching on an almost daily basis to catch fare sales. The Taca website has a feature you can use that will e-mail you when they run a sale to a destination you are interested in. American releases sale prices on Tuesday mornings and also has an e-mail feature.
I am flying Taca in 10 days - SFO to Roatan and then on to Belize using frequent flyer miles all booked through American. I didn't bother to check what the normal cost would be as they had availability with my miles.
In some cases if you book the trip in separate legs, using a regional airline like Southwest for example, you can save several hundred dollars. It does take time and effort. If you don't enjoy doing your own research, find a travel agent with experience in the area you are traveling. smile

* And remember it is cheaper to fly mid-week.

#84702 - 04/21/04 05:58 PM Re: another travel question??
Barbara K Offline
Just make sure with Taca that you re confirm your flights several times as departure gets closer (especially those FF mile ones!). They've been known to cancel reservations with no notice. Great once they are in the air though!!!

#84703 - 04/21/04 11:26 PM Re: another travel question??
Brad WB Offline
Paid 480.00 out of los Angeles, for a flight this month on AA, booking a couple months in advance. 700.00 seems a bit to high imho.

#84704 - 04/22/04 08:04 PM Re: another travel question??
Barbara K Offline
$700 seems high but can be reasonable for Nov if looking at T-giving dates. Most highly travelled of all holidays. Selling out already (as is Christmas)

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, lomckenna, Pokey), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.