Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My wife and I are returning to AC in May, and she needs to find the best way to get to San Pedro from Cancun(actually Riviera Maya area). Thanks in advance for any help.
THANKS TIMO

J
J
We did that trip in reverse in March. We flew from San Pedro to Corozol. Found a very accomodating cab driver who drove us all the way to the bus station in Chetumal, even got out of the car and showed us exactly which line to get in to buy our ticket. Then a three hour bus trip to Tulum. It would have been about another hour to Playa del Carmen. Pretty painless. I'm sure it could have been done cheaper by using more buses. Jean

From Playa del Carmen it's a little over 4 hours by bus to Chetumal, and about 5 from Cancun. ADO and a couple of other lines runs first-class buses on this route. They're comfortable, with reserved seats, A/C, videos, a bathroom. US$15 to $20. At Chetumal, you can either switch to a Novelo's bus which will take you across the border and after a stop in Corozal Town will drop you at the Coro airstrip ($1.50 as I recall) or you could taxi all the way (US$25 or so, probably). Fly from Coro to San Pedro for Us$35. You could also take the water taxi but you'd have to stay overnight.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
T
TIMO Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for both replies!! One more question, how much time to cross the border, and is there much hassle?
Thanks again TIMO

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.