Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
It's like this - I have this "friend" �

Now if this "friend" happened to be taking some school supplies, when it comes to the whole custom thing, should this "friend" declare the stuff, or just wait and see if they go through that bag and then bet her eyes and act like she didn't have a clue about declaring it?

:rolleyes:

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
we packed a lot of small toys and books and art supplies into our bags and didn't declare any of it...no one even asked about it....if they even noticed.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
AWTY,
I have this "friend" who has made multiple trips into Belize, and no one ever asked why he/she was lugging 2- 69 pound suitcases..... While he/she is a rather large person, I don't think that many clothes would have been needed. The Spouse of this person is a bit more chicken, and chooses to stroll through with just a back-pack (which has been checked-- by the way).
Have fun!!!

And Caribe Island is known to have extra large closets, I hear...for those of us that tend to overpack wink ....Goody

Is the school in need of these types of supplies? I can bring all kinds of pens, pencils, etc. Any idea how many kids there are?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The school is always in need of supplies! I spoke with one teacher who said she would love to have some of the plastic rulers, protractors, etc... I'm not sure how many kids there are, but anything you take will be highly appreciated. You might also want to take some stickers, etc for teachers to use. The kids love them, and don't get them often. If you want to be VERY generous, they also need calculators.
The other items that they don't enough of is art and craft supplies.... the pretty scalloped scissors, art brushes, even "popsicle sticks"... I took some wonderful small fabric remnants, and small craft mirrors and the kids made framed mirrors for Mothers Day a few years ago....
Just some ideas.
Cheerz!
PS: Don't just drop these off, watch some of the faces.... it will be a blessing to you!

Wonderful! I will start packing a box! smile

Put it in your suitcase. Boxes get more notice at customs. I know the police dept can usually use office supplies too.

OP Offline
Redheada,

My "friend" tells me this is what she's taking:

School Works Opaque Plastic Ruler, 12" /24
Wiggly Eyes, Common Sizes lg bag
Pom Poms, Regular Pack, Assorted Sizes,
Reading Puzzles Wipe Off Book
Wipe Off Markers, Nontoxic,Safety Caps,4 Color/4 pkg
Wax Crayons in Hang Tab Box, 16 Ct./24
Glue Stick, 0.28 Oz, Clear /24
Wood Craft Sticks, 4-1/2"x3/8", Assorted colors
Chenille Stems, 12", Crush Resistant, 1000 Per
Sparkle Smile Stickers, Variety Pack, 1300
I Can Print Wipe off Book, Ages 4 To 7
Math Puzzle Wipe Off Book
Word Puzzles Wipe Off Book
pencils

This might help you in what you decided to take. I Had (opps "she") had lots of fun shopping and playing santa without having to wear that big red suit.

ho ho hooooo ....

laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
S
S
Which school are you thinking of? There are many small schools but the main primary school is the RC School- 800+ students!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.