Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84962 - 04/22/04 11:14 AM Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
BiggieFL Offline
Well last time I talked to ya'll It was right after the big storm messed up your piece of paradise in 2001. I started a relief drive with my local Rotary club that joined with the others to send down money and supplies, I hope it helped in your time of need, wish I could have delivered it myself. We had to cancel our trip and booked one for Cozumel instead. Other than the diving, it pretty much was like going to Miami.

Now we are planning another trip and of course our hearts are set on A/C. Who has the best deals on airfare and hotels? I have been looking at capricorn for Corona Del Mar for roughly $800 from Tampa for 7 nts.....any other suggestions? We are planning on coming down 6/4-6/12 or so. Thanks Nick

#84963 - 04/22/04 11:26 AM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
goody2shuz Offline
Is that air fare and hotel with dive package included?? Sounds like a bargain of a price to me if it is!!!

#84964 - 04/22/04 11:40 AM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
BiggieFL Offline
No dive package....just air and hotel. How is the corona? Should I upgrade to say Belize shores or sun breeze or Ramons? Me and the wife like to have fun and basically party so hotel is not THAT important being we won't spend much time there.

#84965 - 04/22/04 12:24 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
govikes Offline
Bigshot, I love staying at Woody's (Corona del Mar), good location, wonderful hosts, free very tasty rum punch all day. It has a different feel than some of the other places I've stayed at on AC - more local flavor, and I always feel like I'm a welcome part of the family. It's where I'm staying again when I visit in June.

#84966 - 04/22/04 12:54 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
ga peach Offline
I totally agree with govikes....Corona del Mar is great. Nothing fancy but clean and well kept. The staff is wonderful. Free continental breakfast every morning and the rum punch is fantastic. However, beware, Woody is not stingy with the rum. I dove off the end of the pier with my clothes on one night and didn't remember it the next day until I found my wet clothes. Pay a little extra to upgrade to an ocean view. The sunset rooms get a little steamy in the afternoon.

#84967 - 04/22/04 10:57 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
Beachy Offline
If you stay at Corona Del Mar, you mught consider practicing your horseshoe throwing skills, as this is the island mecca for pitchin' shoes... could mean extra drikin' money laugh
Have a good time!
Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen

#84968 - 04/23/04 11:12 AM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
BiggieFL Offline
I'm down to 2 places....the Corona for 7nts or 4nts at Spindrift and 3nts at Anchorage in Caye Caulker.....what would you prefer? Both cost about the same. Caye Caulker sounds great but I would like some more info if available.

#84969 - 04/23/04 02:19 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
kerry Offline
corona del mar is wonderful....woody, his wife helen, and the entire staff, will go out of their way to make you feel welcome....if you are a guest at corona you can use all the pool facilities, at coconuts next door....you'll have a great time....kerry

#84970 - 04/23/04 02:25 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
BiggieFL Offline
I think Corona it is...sorry to have changed my name but it offended someone on another thread.

#84971 - 04/23/04 02:47 PM Re: Been a couple years....have some ??? again.
john robertsdenver Offline
biggiefl sorry please read the other thread I AM SO SORRY I WAS/AM CONFUSED MEA CULPA MEA CULPA MEA MAXIMA CULPA JOHN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 42 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.