Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#85138 - 04/23/04 01:02 PM Trip to Belize City
kimical Offline
We are coming to San Pedro for the first time and will be married while we are there. We are wondering if a trip to the mainland is a must do? There are so many different types of excursions we aren't sure which one's are worth doing? We love the jungle, exploring, light hiking, etc. Any suggestions would be great.

#85139 - 04/23/04 01:40 PM Re: Trip to Belize City
Barbara K Offline
Personally I think a trip to the mainland is a must do. Cayo has the most to offer but may be far for a day trip. Try Lamanai ruins for a blend of ruins & jungle hike. Maybe cave tubing if you are not into ruins. Altun Ha is an OK ruin but not very lush jungle surrounding. Try Tanisha Tours or SEAduced. If you have the time or inclination, stay in one of the jungle lodges for a few nights to really get your money's worth!

#85140 - 04/23/04 02:40 PM Re: Trip to Belize City
kimical Offline
Thank you Barbara--I really appreciate the feedback. Helps us to narrow down which adventures we want to go on--it all sounds so fun.

#85141 - 04/23/04 05:20 PM Re: Trip to Belize City
Bearfoot Gibby Offline
If you are looking a for a mainland adventure. The boys and I are leaving AC M7 to go to Caesar's Place in Cayo for a M8 performance. From there you can do cave tubing, Mayan ruins, and even a trip to the Guatemalan border to shop. The Belize Zoo is on the way also.............

#85142 - 04/23/04 05:34 PM Re: Trip to Belize City
kimical Offline
That sounds like a great day--I think we may be interested in doing something like this. My fiance loves to explore and checkout everything so this sounds great. Thank you very mucy for the feedback! May 7th may work for us

#85143 - 04/29/04 06:54 AM Re: Trip to Belize City
oldgringo Offline
If you MUST go to the mainland you can now get flights to Cayo with Maya Island Air. You just have to change planes at Belize Municipal Airport. There ARE a lot of fun things to do out there, but in my opinion you could save it for the next trip. For first trips there's more than enough to do in San Pedro.

#85144 - 04/29/04 10:58 AM Re: Trip to Belize City
Big Frank Offline
I agree with old Gringo. We sometimes forget the 'sitting your ass in the sand and not moving much' days.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 38 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,257 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.