Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#85145 - 04/23/04 09:57 PM Fishing Question???
danb Offline
Will be in AC in late November/Early December and would like to spend one full day fishing. Do any of the guides offer "Combo" fishing charters, both reef and flats fishing. I would like to hook some bones and tarpon, but would also like to catch some fish for eating on the reefs (as well as keep my wife interested in the charter as there is usually more action reef fishing!) There have been some great reviews on Captain Bicho, does any one know if he offers this type of charter. Most of the reviews for him have been regarding his reef fishing, but have not seen much about his flats fishing, is he as proficient in guiding the flats as he is the reef? Finally, what should I expect as far as fishing action and weather in late November?

Thanks

#85146 - 04/24/04 01:38 AM Re: Fishing Question???
goody2shuz Offline
Hi Danb...We just recently returned from our 1st trip to AC. My husband, very much into flyfishing, went out with a guide named Severo one half day and a full day, in which he flyfished in the morning & returned for me & our 2 girls for snorkeling. It worked out wonderfully. I believe he would accomodate you, because he did mention to my husband upon learning that we had a day with Capt. Bicho, that he does a similar combo day and would probably be more likely to do a flat/reef combo...you can check with him at servero@btl.net via e-mail. You have to remember that in a flats boat there is no relief from the sun which may be something you need to consider.

We also did 2 full days with Capt. Bicho, which, IMHO, were the best days we had in AC. Like your wife, I enjoy the action of reef fishing & let my husband go do his own thing with Severo. My husband brought his fly rod out on the boat with Capt. Bicho...and he appears not to be into flyfishing as he is into reef fishing so you might want to keep that in mind. It is important to have a good guide who can put you on the fish when flyfishing...Severo definitely does this!!! Capt. Bicho knows his reef fishing like the back of his hand. It's two different types of fishing & sometimes it's like a doctor's specialty...we wouldn't go to an opthamologist for a foot problem now would we?...Goody

#85147 - 04/24/04 03:11 PM Re: Fishing Question???
TIMO Offline
danb,
I have done the type combo fishing you asked about, although for the flyfishing part we got out of the boat and waded the surf for a while. We were put on bonefish but were not able to get any to bite. Usually the guides use a different boat for flats vs. reef fishing. I'll be down in AC in May(17-25) and I could check with several guides we use and report back.
TIMO

#85148 - 04/25/04 05:29 PM Re: Fishing Question???
f095 Offline
Timo,
My son and I will be down there May 17-27. We plan on doing a lot of fishing. We have already booked 2 half days flats fishing. Wanna share on some other fishing trips?
Flora

#85149 - 04/27/04 07:30 PM Re: Fishing Question???
captjeff Offline
e mail capt bicho he has two boats and does it all ,,see the rave reviews ,he is very good and you too will become a big fan ,,fishingsanpedro.com

#85150 - 04/27/04 08:12 PM Re: Fishing Question???
danb Offline
Thanks for the help. I e-mailed Capt. Bicho and he does do a combo trip. I think with all of the rave reviews of Capt. Bicho, I will book a full day with him. I look foward to seeing some reviews of your trips in May (Timo and f095). Capt. Jeff, from your experience fishing around AC, are the is there a better time of day to fish the flats vs. the reef?

#85151 - 04/27/04 08:43 PM Re: Fishing Question???
captjeff Offline
leave it up to them ?? they ??will use the smaller boat so they can do both ..tide ,wind .moon ,will help also with the,time to switch over .you picked the right guy.he will try hard to get you a mess off fish .. but book early he is getting sold out each week ..go live the dream and enjoy watch for the may capt jeff fishing report the capt is down the 4-29 to 5-4 ..

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, mickdiver, azbob, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,054 Topics
462,288 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.