Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#85313 04/30/04 09:29 AM
Boys, boys....back in your corners now!!! I thought my trip report would put the issues concerning CMR to rest!!!

The place is beautiful...needs some improvements which they are certainly working on, and is just not for everyone!!! It is way up north, and having made the trip via cart through the "safari"....is quite a trek to town...almost 2 hours!!! I'm sure in the future the roads will be manicured to make the trip easier...watertaxi is the way to go!! One trip via golf cart was all this girl could handle!!!

S.I.N.- We were witness to the wild pigs on our 'safari' too!!! Our family are adventurers...and took the carting trip up north, however, there were at least 2 carts travelling from Costa Maya that turned back despite our reassurances of helping them through!! I know making the roads driveabl is in the works but still it will take at least an hour. This board is wonderful because it gives everyone realistic information. And realistically...Costa Maya is removed from town, not saying you can't get there, but it'll cost you time & money in order to do so. And...no one is saying that the locals up north are any different than in the south...all are full of the same charm and offer a world of it to those of us that visit.

Costa Maya is a special place where someone would like seclusion & privacy as well as the means of experiencing other parts of the caye if the need should arise....Goody

#85314 04/30/04 10:04 AM
J
J
Goody So your trip report is the end all, and we can't have our opinions!!! OK so if anyone asks any opinions about CMR or staying up north in the future your trip report is the Bible. Your trip report puts issues to rest!!!!

come down a few rungs and relax!!! I,m laughing I hope you are!!! Hey Goody all kidding aside I have enjoyed your writings and photos. They contain good information and for sure show that your family had a great time

Jack

#85315 05/02/04 10:20 PM
S
S
If we wanted to come down and visit the resort (we will be staying at Caribe Island Resort, do you think the staff would let us pay to join a lunch BBQ and take the Kayaks out to Mexico Rocks? I imagine the BBQ might be dinner, do they have lunch? Also, can you swim from the dock out to Mexico Rocks? How far is it? I'm an excellent swimmer. Glad you had a good time!!

tami
#85316 05/03/04 07:25 AM
Suntam....You will probably get your questions answered best by contacting Eric via e-mail(he is the CEO at Cost Maya) You can contact him at [email protected] Swimming out to Mexico Rocks I wouldn't advise...it's closer than other parts of the reef, however, it still is quite adistance from shore even for the strongest of swimmers. Kayaking would be better IMHO.

Jack...No I did not intend to infer that my trip report is the end all and certainly not the Bible on CMR. However, I did make that long trip up in order to check the resort out for myself in order to specifically address some unanswered questions on this board. Prior to going to AC...there were very negative reviews on this resort. We were going to stay there originally through a timeshare getaway....and I made it a personal priority to venture up there and share my findings with this board.

Sandytoes definitely is up there on the ladder for having stayed there & sharing her findings. I am not here with any intentions of being higher on the ladder of life than anyone else...and yes, Jack, I am laughing and well relaxed!!! No worries and keep posting...you do keep us on our toes!!...Goody

#85317 05/03/04 03:44 PM
S
S
Check with Tuff-E-Nuff tours at Corona del Mar. The do a full day fishing and snorkeling. They BBQ your catch at Costa Maya for lunch and then take you to Mexico Rocks for snorkeling.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.