Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85381 - 04/27/04 09:55 PM Submarine Sandwiches
Capt. Les Offline
I don't post a lot so forgive me for getting excited. I'm a sub fanatic (hero's, hoagies, or submarines) and have been living here for three years without much to pick from. A year or so ago I ordered four sub sandwiches fron a certain restaurant north of the cut and had them delivered for myslef and some friends at the Coconet Internet Bar. As I recall, they were about $28 each and came on burger buns. They were good, no doubt about it, but they weren't subs and the price was ridiculous.

Since then I bring several sndwiches back from "Subways" when I go to Belize City and keep them in the refrigerator. Then Pauly's Pizza opened up and I would go there when I could, but I live on the other end of town.

Now D.D.'s Lunch Box is under new management and has changed it's name to "D.D.'s Lunch Box and Submarine Base". Aside from breakfasts and liquados, they feature submarine sandwiches. That's what I'm so excited about. The sandwiches are great and I recommend them to all. On Caribena Street between Barrier Reef Drive and the beach. Next to the Conch Shell and directly accross from the Caribena Street entrances to Lily's Hotel and the San Pedrano Hotel.

#85382 - 04/27/04 10:12 PM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
oldgringo Offline
Captain Les is correct once again. The sandwiches are excellent and I had a pineapple, orange and watermelon smoothie thing that was out of this world.

#85383 - 04/28/04 09:43 AM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
captjeff Offline
les my belizian brother, will try it ,the capt jeff lives in nj,,and grew up in new york sooooo will let you know if they are for real ..but it sounds like it ...seeya
Living The Dream Every Day!

#85384 - 04/28/04 09:51 AM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
Wendy Jo Offline
Capt. Les - What's the price (US$) for a sub at D.D.'s??

#85385 - 04/28/04 10:59 AM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
BiggieFL Offline
Being from NJ myself I think Subway should be banned along with Blimpie's.....I will give D.D's a shot.

#85386 - 04/28/04 07:17 PM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
Bobber Offline
Being old fashioned, I will skip the subs and smoothies and stick with conch fritters washed down with Belikin. wink
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#85387 - 04/28/04 08:22 PM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
mikell Offline
bobber???? is that you?? eek

cool mug shot! laugh

#85388 - 04/28/04 08:53 PM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
Bobber Offline
Yeah, me with a tan, a cuban cigar and a Belikin in hand.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#85389 - 04/28/04 09:39 PM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
lolamae Offline
Capt. Les, thanks for the tip. I'm a newcomer on this board and to Belize (won't be there til July 9, but can't wait). Anyways, here in the states I live off subs, so you made my day. I won't have to give up a thing while I'm in paradise! Just the way it should be!

#85390 - 04/29/04 06:11 AM Re: Submarine Sandwiches
Capt. Les Offline
Originally posted by Wendy Jo:
Capt. Les - What's the price (US$) for a sub at D.D.'s??
Wendy Jo I had lunch at D.D.'s again today and noticed that the tuna sub is $10.00 BZ ($5.00 US). I think the most expensive was $15.00 BZ ($7.50 US).
They also have the usual burgers, hot dogs, carnashes, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 54 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,261 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.