Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hoping to wrap things up in this post�.we stayed 13 days so there was an awful lot to cover. Fishing with Capt. Bicho truly was the highlight of our trip� and the next two days were anticlimatic�.almost melancholic, for we knew our time in paradise was approaching an end.

The girls had their hair braided by Armancia, who we found through the activity center located at Banyan Bay. She was not only good but quick!! My daughters happen to have extremely thick hair & lots of it which in the past took 3-4 hours to braid. Armancia did their hair in 45 minutes to an hour!!! This was great because we didn't want to miss out on any time we had left in paradise. Armancia did a great job as you can see by the pics�

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=584183951105&collid=817053951105

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=383483951105&collid=817053951105

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=881288951105&collid=817053951105

We spent our last day�taking in the last of paradise. We saved our last meal for Rico's and it worked out well with Armancia finishing up Kaitlin's hair. Rico's was known for it's steak as per Pauly from Pauly's pizza�and after our disappointment in beef up to this point, we thought we'd get our fix at Rico's. It was a great decision�the restaurant was fabulous�great service, wonderful view and most of all�terrific steak!!! We both ordered the filet mignon which was tasty and satisfied the meat & potato yearning Tom had had most of the week. We had dessert at the ice cream shop in town & celebrated our last night with BnBelize & her family drinking jello shots and eating warm tapioca pudding while playing a game of dominoes which this family had never really played before!!! It was fun�although the jello shots had Goody's family at a disadvantage in the game of dominos!!! We ended the evening earlier than we thought knowing there was packing to do and that both families were departing the next morning. We said our goodbyes but knew that we'd most likely meet up at the airport in Belize City since our flights were about the same time. Realizing that we never actually got pics with each other�we made a point of taking a few to remember each other by. BnBelize & I had planned our trips together on this board, sharing some ups and downs & had become friends in doing so�.and it was nice to spend time together living the dream.

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=371588951105&collid=817053951105

The next morning we got up�moving around in silence�even the girls were unusually quiet. We decided to order our breakfast up to the room & enjoy it on our third floor balcony taking in the last of the view we would forever have etched in our minds. Tom was the only one who had actually had the opportunity to see the sunrise which he had captured in photo for those of us that didn't.

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=310073951105&collid=817053951105

We checked out and boarded our 11am flight at Mayan Air, looking back at La Isla Bonita one last time. The view from above was almost as beautiful as actually being there.

https://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp...oid=175688951105&collid=817053951105

Our trip home was long and we found ourselves traveling with heavy hearts. It seemed to take forever and by the time we walked in door, it was after 1am. We left our bags and crawled into bed. I woke up the next morning with a familiar song playing in my head�."last night I dreamt of San Pedro�.." wondering if it had all been a dream or had I actually been living it?

i know that feeling well goody! it can all seem like a dream...but your pictures and memories will keep it alive like no other dream!

thanks for the great reports...you helped me re-live it all again!!

OP Offline
Thanks Mikell...for sharing in my dream and supporting me through these posts. I find myself envying those who are yet to leave...but also find sharing in their excitement helps to fill the void of not being there...Goody

I don't want to dent the dream, but when I click on the link, I get a message from OPHOTO that "the page you are looking for is not available". I sure would like to see that sunrise photo.

OP Offline
Mike G....sorry that's happening...from my end I get in but have to go through a security link that pops up. If that's the case just hit yes and it should bring up the photo.LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

Is anyone else having this problem?...Goody

I can't get to it either... and we are leaving in only 7 days! Can't wait.

I have not been able to view your photos..it seems you have to login to view the photos..would love to seem them as we will be celebrating our 20th in San Pedro, in June! We will make it a point to try Rico's..thanks for sharing!

Sheepishly NYgal says.....I HAVE SEEN THEM ALL laugh

I think I walked too hard on those eggshells wink

B
B
Thanks, Goody. Try some pennicilin for that melancholic. If that doesn't work try pickling your liver in beer or rum punch. Of course you bought a Bellikin cozy, so wrap that puppy around a Corona, slap on some Jerry Jeffr or Madonna, and get online. One should always plan the next trip ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE LAST TRIP. It's been 3 years since my last trip to Belize and I still check the message board every day.

I read every word of your report, so thanks for the vicarious thrill.

Pancho Grande

I have not had any trouble seeing the photos. I do get the security link, click yes & up they come.

Goody - Thanks so much for your time and efforts to post your pictures and tell us about your trip. We were on AC last September and all these trip reports help me live the dream again. I get so jealous when reading about BBQ and fishing plans. We are planning another family vacation this September and I have really been pushing AC, but daughters are wanting to go someplace new. May try Costa Rica -- at least it is Central America, but --- I still dream of San Pedro. smile

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.