Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
april Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Board meambers,
First I want to thank you all for sharing all of you stories, I have become very fond of starting my mornings on this board. I am packing up to leave for the Belizean Shores on May 3 w/ my husband to celebrate our 10 yr. anniversary. We only have a week, my 2 children are staying home with gramma. I do have our trip booked with Capt. Bicho on the 7th, thanks to Goody, Jeff and all the others and the only real question I still have is... Did any one have trouble with bugs? I have 2 girlfriends who just got back from the mainland after a 10 day dive trip and they had been torn apart by sand fleas as well as other critters. I feel very prepared thanks to you all, since I'm an overpacker from way back. I've kept at one case so far! Thanks again for all the insight, I can hardly wait!! April In CA

S
S
...bugs have not been that bad at all as of late (we are about a mile and a half north of Belizean Shores.) No sand fleas... mosquitos come out if the wind dies, but that's been rare... they won't get too bad until the rains come. Bring a bit of Off and you should be fine.

Hi April,

My husband and I are making plans to come to AC in June for our 20th anniversary..also leaving kids at home! Can't wait to hear about your trip..have a great time!

April...The first night we arrived at dusk we were invaded by mosquitos and bites. However, after spraying urselves with Sawyers Bug repellent with 30% Deet we weren't bothered again. This was only on the first night and after that we didn't have a t problems with bugs. Didn't hit the mainland so can't advise you on there.

Funny thing in San Pedro is that while we were viewing the crocodiles in the lagoons at dusk a truck spraying for mosquitos drove by spraying a crowd of people as well as the mosquitos. Since West Nile Virus hit NY they announce sprayings in the paper to warn people to stay indoors...not that way in Belize!!!....have a wonderful anniversary & great trip!!! I have a feeling you'll be wishing you brought the kids along...we did that when we went to Barbados & I recall feeling that way....Goody

A
april Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks again guys. After talking and seeing my girlfriends (who will have reminder bites for another two weeks or so) I got a little worried. I now feel reassured.
Goody... my kiddos are younger , too young for snorkling or water sports yet , but I feel pretty sure this will be the last time they do stay home.
Thanks again for you GREAT trip reports, really enjoyed the pictures also.
P.S. Did anybody do a tour w/ Daniel Nunez/ Tanish Tours? His name keeps popping up.

B
B
Yes, I did. I went to Lamainai--the best day trip I've ever had, and I have some experience. My wife did not go. She like to pretend dhe's a local on her day off. Remember to pack half as much clothes and twice as much money. My rule is women only get THREE PAIR OF SHOES, including the ones they're wearing! Trust me on this. Then buy something there.

Mambo Chill Boutique next to Fido's has a new supply of cute shoes!

We just got back and didn't use our OFF spray once. We did get a couple of bites while at the Hammock House at dusk one evening (no wind), but that was it. We didn't venture to the furthest reaches of the island, might be more there, and didn't have enought time to do a mainland trip, somthing for next year.
Goody2Shuz - For next time, from where did you watch the crocs? We didn't think of it while we were there. We were on the lagoon side a couple of times during the day, but briefly. We were going to catch sunset at the IT bar, but just didn't get to it, anywhere near there or town?

A
april Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Barbara K - How did you know about my shoe habit. You are really talking my language now!!

Phyllis....the crocs are mostly viewed south of Banana Beach resort past the water tower on the right hand side(lagoon side). You'll see what appears to be a point, there are usually other people/golf carts gathered there around 5:30pm or 1/2 hour before sunset...Goody

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.