Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#85591 05/02/04 07:14 AM
JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
Just 4 more days, can't wait to meet some of you boarders. OK, I do have the $ for those drinks I promised.

One question I ask myself, will I continue to be involved with this board after I get back. It's a long way from New Jersey. We want to visit as many places around the world as possible and don't know when I will ever be back.

For the last 6 months I have LIVED THE DREAM through this board and I it owe thanks. It has helped me through a long cold winter.

I believe that some small part of me will always be left here and in San Pedro.

John

#85592 05/02/04 08:01 AM
hi john...i know how you feel...

i love these message boards...

last year, we "met" so many people on the negril, jamaica board...and some of them were in negril to meet in person...the same experience on THIS board for san pedro/ambergris caye.

i still keep in touch with the negril board...over a year later...drop in there once in awhile to say hi...sometimes to add a comment or two when folks ask questions about a place i visited. just yesterday, one of the board members sent me an email and asked me to go and answer a question from someone who wanted to know about BELIZE!! i was able to share a bit about my trip to AC with the negril boardies!

at the very least...you'll probably come back HERE and let us know how your trip was...you'll want to share those experiences...keeps the memories alive awhile longer!

don't be surprised if you keep checking in just to re-live a few memories from time to time...

like you...we would like to visit some new places too...there are so many interesting parts of this world to see...

isn't it great to be making cyber-friends? we live in interesting times!

#85593 05/02/04 08:32 AM
Time will tell. San Pedro (and Belize overall) grabs some people more than others. We have done a good number of island and beach vacations to different spots, and enjoyed them all immensely. One of the questions we always ask after the fact is "would we go back", which encompasses a lot of factors. The people, the food, the location, travel aspects, lodging, diving, snorkeling, and just everything rolled into the question. Most places had at least one annoying factor to consider, no matter how minor, just a burr under our saddle. San Pedro (especially the people) got us to the point that we don't even consider being annoyed at anything. The laid back atmosphere just grabs some people and everything else just becomes less important.
So, go there, experience the place. Talk to the people. Eat stuff you don't normally eat. Relax. At the end, pose the question to yourself. Roll everything into a ball and measure it against your relaxation factor.
You may be the next AC-a-holic.
There are a few people that weren't impressed with the place, but only a few of them frequent this board sporadically.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#85594 05/02/04 08:38 AM
Hey John...have a wonderful time!!! Will you come back to this board...definitely!!! You'll want to share all that you experienced and return the favor to those yet to live the dream!!Been there and done that and will continue to do so...Goody

#85595 05/02/04 11:18 AM
Mikell - do you know of any message boards for Costa Rica? Our family is going there this September and I would really like to find a message board since we have never been there and have no idea where to go or what to do. This one helped us so much for our trip to AC last year. And yes John B I still have to visit for my daily "fix" of San Pedro goings on.

Thanks, Kathy F.

#85596 05/02/04 11:21 AM
R
R
Originally posted by mikell:
just yesterday, one of the board members sent me an email and asked me to go and answer a question from someone who wanted to know about BELIZE!!
Hi Mikell! That was me. smile I sent you an email as well. It's a small world! ~ riz

#85597 05/02/04 12:51 PM

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#85598 05/03/04 06:30 AM
Hi John
Now just 2 days to go! I'm excited for you.

Have the same feelings about traveling to different places and had the same ??? about visiting this board when I returned, well here I am. There is something real special about both the people of San Pedro and this board that keeps me coming back for more. You'll see- have a safe and wonderful trip. I'm sure we'll hear from you when you return.

Nancy smile

looking forward to ac, coconuts
#85599 05/04/04 05:15 AM
JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks All............I see you have come back i hope I do TOO!

#85600 05/04/04 06:11 AM
JohnB - Have a great trip. Let us know how the underwater disposable camera works out for you. You had one of those old 110s? Was it the Minolta? What a great little camera that was.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.