Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Riz, go to a good dive shop and get yourself a good mask that fits your face and a good snorkel that fits your mouth. A dive shop has people who can fit you properly. It makes all the difference in the world. One size doesn't fit all! You can't go to Belize and not snorkel!

Larry T.

No Tv at Ramon's and rates start at $165/nt., that's why I didn't suggest it. Nice place to hang out though!

Cracker is right. I had several poor snorkling experiences using rented equipment. Then went and bought mask & snorkle from a scubba shop and it has been great since. One nice thing about snorkling from shore is you can try it is small doses. Also, if you book a snorkling tour go on a calm day & use a life jacket - just more fun that way. Enjoy!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
riz...

i invested in a pretty inexpensive travel set which included a silicone mask, dry snorkel and short split fins in a nice backpack...around $50. it was the best investment. this year, i added an inflatable vest...very comfortable. you don't need to spend a lot of money but new equipment increases your enjoyment.

i am not a good swimmer and never felt really comfortable around water...but once you've had a good snorkeling experience you'll be hooked! it's amazing...and if i can do it...i think anyone can! ramon's pier is a perfect place to practice...easy to get in and out of the water...clear warm water and a protected shallow area...with lots of beautiful fish to see...for immediate rewards!

R
rizla Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally posted by Barbara K:
No Tv at Ramon's and rates start at $165/nt., that's why I didn't suggest it. Nice place to hang out though!
ouch. i emailed them for rates over a month ago and haven't heard back. that's not affordable for me... it looks like a great place though.

i guess that leaves mayan princess.

O
O
I would not rule out, Banana Beach. I have traveled there solo(36yr old-female) for the last four years,planning on making my 9th trip, this August and have loved every minute of it. The staff is excellent and you feel like part of the family from the time that you walk in.All the ammenities that you have requested are available there plus more. The price is right and you cannot beat the included breakfast.
Jackie

R
rizla Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally posted by o jackie:
planning on making my 9th trip, this August and have loved every minute of it.
do you mind if i ask your dates in august? i am looking at august 14, for 10 nights.

L
L
Rizla: I have gone alone four times (43 year old female) and never was alone unless I really wanted to be. There is always someone around to talk to, eat with, go do something with.

I am heading down again August 11 and look so forward to the trip since I havent been there for almost 2 years.

Enjoy! You will have an awesome time.

O
O
I am going on the 14th also for at least two weeks,probably flying on USAirways, through Charlotte.Did you receive my email?

Jackie

C
C
Three trips last six months, recommend Banana Beach, Palms or Mayan Princess, under no circumstance Coconuts. It was only bad experience ever had on the Cayes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.