Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85770 05/05/04 01:45 PM
L
lisaob Offline OP
OP Offline
L
thinking of visiting belize. not sure where to go where to stay. i will fill you all in a little about us. myself and dh. winter vacation to somewhere warm. here is a little background....love mexico!!! been to cancun 2x - will not go back. way to americanized and touristy for our taste. PDC 2x - love it! but, boy it sure is growing going to be a moini cancun soon!!!! been to zihua/troncones 1x. like it. we like to start the day w/ coffee and sunrise while walking on beach. we are early risers! walk, read, eat brkfst, walk, sunbathe while in lounge chair and being served lots of cold beers and water on the beach! lunc, drinks, sunbathing, reading, happy hour, maybe a nap, dinner, drinks, you get the picture. we like to relax. we only go for 5 days, so relaxation is all that we do! besides eating and drinking. anyway, do not know a whole lot about belize. have heard from a few people that it is like cozumel - we didnt like cozumel. we do not dive. we just like a nice dinner and drinks maybe a bar for a drink afterward and thats it! not into crazy partying. only if the mood strikes us! anyway, what would be your recommendations? would belize fit the bill for us? how is weather in early february? sunny and hot i hope. thanks in advance!

#85771 05/05/04 01:58 PM
D
D
I'd suggest Robert's Grove in Placencia.

#85772 05/05/04 01:58 PM
Hi Lisaob,
NOT LIKE COZUMEL!!!!!....THE ONLY THING THAT IS THE SAME IS THAT THERE IS BEACH.....we felt that we were at a resort when in Cozumel...NOT IN BELIZE!!!!...IT HAS SUCH A FRIENDLY, HOMEY ATMOSPHERE...VERY WELCOMING...EVERYONE IS WONDERFUL!
You might like to try the mainland in Belize if you want less people....BUT IT ALSO HAS THAT TRULY FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE...VERY WELCOMING FEEL, JUST LESS PEOPLE SO THEREFORE QUIETER

#85773 05/05/04 02:19 PM
PATLAF is on the money. We used to do Cozumel, but bailed out when they added things like stoplights and cruise piers. Too many touristas and the friendly local flavor pretty much evaporated. If you are just into relaxing, good food and drink and people that are very friendly (even when you are not doing business with them) in an easy going and rustic atmosphere, you would probably enjoy Belize. I might suggest doing a search on the board, and check out some of the pictures that the boarders have posted. There are places in AC to go if you want to party, but the place is mostly relaxed. The food is good, drinks are easily available, and accomodations run anywhere from primitive to luxurious. If you want to find a crowd, you have to go and look for it. Tourist friendly and a safe place to relax. We usually do the first two weeks in Feb (lobster goes out of season on the 15th) and the weather is usually good, warm days and a little cooler at night (in shorts). A few rain squalls now and then, but usually short lived.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#85774 05/05/04 05:14 PM
lisaob...

we just made our first trip to AC and it sounds like you are looking for the same things we were...

we were up before the sun...watching it rise from our balcony with the first morning coffee...then after breakfast...hanging out on the beach for a bit...then a liesurly walk into town along the beach which is always uncrowded with great places to stop and rest, watch the birds, take pictures, etc.

we filled a few days with snorkeling out on the reef...and another couple by renting a golf cart and touring about the north and south ends of the island...and stopped at a few great restaurants/bars when the mood hit us. we were always back at our hotel fairly early and didn't check out much night life.

the people on AC are very friendly...from kids to old folks...everyone smiles and you will find it disarming and relaxing! no hurry for anything. you can find things to do ...or you can do nothing at all.

we were there the last week of february...the weather ranged from low 70s to high 80s...didn't get any rain....but some very windy days.

don't think you would be disappointed...it's not commercial and most definitely not crowded!

#85775 05/06/04 08:48 AM
L
lisaob Offline OP
OP Offline
L
thanks so much for the replies! they are much appreciated. this does help. now i just need to start my research! i am sure you will all hear more questions from me!thanks again!

#85776 05/06/04 09:58 AM
lisaob, we were in san pedro last week in march, loved it. This Cleveland wheather is sunless most of the time. We live East, in Chesterland. Let me know if you want to talk on phone about paradize.

#85777 05/06/04 09:30 PM
Try www.belizeislandvacations.com , the site has lots of pictures and a ton of information and great prices.

#85778 05/07/04 12:08 PM
L
lisaob Offline OP
OP Offline
L
NOW DANNY - funny you say you live in chesterland? we live in pepper pike and have a house in chesterland that we rent out!!! yes, i would like to discuss some things about belize on the phone w/ you. you can email me your #
[email protected]
thanks! looking forward to speaking w/ you.....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.