Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85819 - 05/06/04 02:54 PM Tulu - info to find him when you visit
Phyllis&Ray Offline
Anyone interested in using Tulu for snorkeling, fishing, diving, bbq, etc. GREAT GUY. Very flexible for outings.
Allan Villanueva, he is a licensed tour guide, and Padi certified dive master.
Cell Phone: 600-4582 Home Phone: 226-2287
His boat is at the Courtesea Tours pier across from the cemetery, can't miss it bright orange building on the dock with pink trim. His boat is named "Janel" and is blue with a blue canopy. Or he is sometimes down on one of the piers by Shark's bar, can't remember exactly which one, but ask around and someone will know.

#85820 - 05/06/04 09:15 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
hawkgirl Offline
OK everyone I'm finally, after many years,going to add my comments. I'm new to the board but have been to AC about 14 times and read you guys a few times a week. Makes me warmer!!! I used to work in travel but am presently a "Hawk Girl". Seattle Seahawks that is and no, not a SeaGal unless they are letting Granmas try out! Anyhow what has prompted me to write is the mention of Tulu - my family and friends have always had him take care of us in San Pedro. What a great, great guy!! He taught my Mom to snorkel when she was 75 years old and my friend's granddaughter when she was 10 years old. He's like family to us and I'll be seeing those turquois eyes soon. I always tell him he stared at the sea so long it changed his eyes to turquois like the water. We'll be there 14 -22 May and I can hardly wait. I hope he hasn't gone to Placencia to visit his family - I simply must call him this weekend!! I always go in May every year. Yup - Tulu is the best!! My son loved Casa Picasso - gotta try it out.

#85821 - 05/06/04 11:25 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
MandM Offline
I spoke with Tulu just this afternoon,, and yes, he is in Placencia, but expects to return to the island tomorrow or the day after.

I wholeheartedly agree,,, he is both a wonderful guide, and a wonderful person.

#85822 - 05/06/04 11:53 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
hawkgirl Offline
Yeah Tulu - I'm soooooooo glad he'll be back in time for our arrival!!

#85823 - 05/07/04 03:51 AM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
Windjammer Offline
Tulu is great & tell him I plan on being there in July & he better be there. Have great videos, you better Belize It! cool wink

#85824 - 05/07/04 12:26 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
crockhunter Offline
Just had to add my two cents worth. Tulu is not just a guide, but a great friend. We have known him for years. Last winter we brought down our 10 year old grandson who wants to be a marine biologist. Tulu took him off personally and snorkeled with him showing him all the fish and coral, then we fished a while and when we got back we caught sardines and he loaned him his fishing rod for the week so that he could fish from the pier.

#85825 - 05/07/04 01:18 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
govikes Offline
Ok, I'll put my 2 cents worth in too, since I always recommend him to people interested in snorkeling and diving. I did my 1st real open water dive with him, got down to about 15' and FREAKED OUT. I bolted back up and was severely yelled at, then soothed and patiently taken back down for a successful 65' dive. I am still diving today thanks to him. I've had some of the best days in paradise with Tulu out in his boat, snorkeling, fishing, barhopping or just sitting in the sun listening to his stories! Hope his mommy is down in Placencia while he's there and I can't wait to see him in June!

#85826 - 05/07/04 05:19 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
hawkgirl Offline
Vikings - yikes - vikings - but we love that Mike Tice a former Seahawk. Or were we talking football? Whoever mentioned Lynn at Magnum Belize she is very, very good. I used to work with her a lot in my previous life as a travel agent.

#85827 - 05/21/04 06:01 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
egcntrk Offline
Phyllis & Arletta:

Thanks for posting about Tulu. He is truly spectacular & made our trip a blessing. Could not have felt safer and well taken care of. We plan on taking many more trips with him when we return.

For those that call him friend, his father-in-law passed on Sun. & he is in Belize City today for the services. May God bless him & his family.

For those that want to reach him, he said I could post his phone numbers:

600-4582 cell
226-2287 home

#85828 - 05/21/04 08:51 PM Re: Tulu - info to find him when you visit
hawkgirl Offline
I'm gazing at a photo of Tulu and the rays at Shark Ray Alley right now. Wishing we were going to finish off the day with a Beliken and rum punch and salt water in our hair. Do to illness our trip is postponed until mid June. But we'll be there!! So instead of feeling bad about leaving I can still be excited about going. Cool and gray here in Seattle - I can feel that coral sand on my feet and my eyebrows bleached out to a startling glow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.