Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lisaob Offline OP
OP Offline
L
help! would fly from cleve to probably houston (continental) do all planes fly into one airport? how long of a trip to ambergiris caye? very confused......we only go on vac for 5 days! ususally thurs thru tues. like to be "on vac" by 3pm!!! and still on vac until at least noon on tues before headling to airport...is this possible? or too far....thanks!

You fly into BZE Belize International. From there you fly to AC - 15 minute flight. You can usually be on the beach by about 4PM with Continental via Houston. Noon on the last day usually works too.

If I remmber correctly it's about 3 and a half hours from Houston to BC. Officially, vacation should begin as soon as you leave your house for the airport. If you don't like that theory, start it as soon as you can see water out one side of the plane and land out the other. Once you land in Belize city, start slowing down and sucking in the sights sounds and smells. If you are not on island time on the hop from BC to AC, you seriously need a drink. wink

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
It's around two hours from Houston. Coming in from the U.S., you'll land at the international airport at Ladyville, about 9 miles north of Belize City. You can then walk a few yards and take either Maya Island or Tropic Air to San Pedro. There are flights roughly hourly on each airline during daylight hours, and as Barbara says it's only 15 or 20 minutes until you're in San Pedro.

If you are in a party of three or more, you'll want to consider taking a taxi to the municipal airport in Belize City, as the fares there to San Pedro are about one-half that from the international airport. (Don't ask why.) To other destinations in Belize, fares from municipal are also lower but the savings aren't as great.

Going back you have the same options -- flights every hour or so. You'll want to get to the international airport a couple of hours ahead of your outbound flight.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Maybe it just SEEMED like 3.5 hours. wink

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
If you take the last CO flight into Houston from BZE, high degree of probability you will get to enjoy the nightlife of Houston laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
O
O
Hi Lisa,
Have you checked the USAirways flights. I usually find them cheaper and to me it seems alot quicker then going to Houston, for some reason. You leave Cleveland at 8am and get to Belize at 12:30pm, I know the time change, but it just seems like a quicker flight. I was in my room at Banana Beach at 1:30 Plus, coming back, customs is way better in Charlotte, than in Houston.
Just a thought,
Jackie

Is there a preference between Maya and Tropic, or are both equal?

Pretty equal. Which hotel are you staying at? The Tropic Air "terminal" is walking distance to several hotels (Sunbreeze, The Palms, Ramon's, Bz Reef, Rubies, Holiday).

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I agree with Jackie. See what you can find out of Charlotte on US Air. Customs in Charlotte is SOO easy, and if you have a layover they have some great places to eat. It's not quite the "culture shock" either, Charlotte is pretty quiet and laid back. (The rocking chairs are a perfect touch...)
Just be careful when checking their site. I don't think that US Air is flying into BZ every day now, so make sure you aren't on a flight thru Houston frown !!
Cheerz,
Vicki

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.